Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

Maternity clothes anyone?

I broke down and ordered some Old Navy maternity jeans. I was planning to wait until end of the first trimester, but I'm getting uncomfortable in regular jeans They fit still, but I'm finding they sit painfully on my stomach/pelvis. Anyway, I ordered some low-panel ones and I hope they will stay up. My full panel ones just sag off me still.

Anyone want to commiserate and make me feel better?

Advertisement

sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

I wore maternity jeans at 6-7wks with my last one lol! I was super excited and bloated so I went for it. They were saggy and silly but more comfy than my regular pants!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Maternity clothes anyone?

I bought a pair locally the other day and have been wearing them.....they are big and baggy, but my regular jeans are hurting my belly.

My order from online {which includes leggings, tops, another pair of jeans, hoodies and yoga pants} will be here Thursday!!

Can't wait for my baby bump to grow and I can fill them out!!
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
waiting4babygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I personally hate maternity jeans. I have an ON brand and a Buffalo Jeans brand. Neither are comfy past the 3rd month. I'm in long maxi skirts and yoga pants nowadays. Sometimes I wear my regular hudson jeggings and paige jeggings and just keep the fly open with a long maternity shirt over them. I loop a hair tie over the button hole and hook the end of the hair tie it to the button.
waiting4babygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

I bought a large lot from a Momma locally at 7 weeks because it was over 100 pieces for $80. I figured at that price, I could just resell them if they didn't work. It was supposed to be a medium/large lot but it's mostly large and I don't see any of them fitting for a LONG time. I did buy a Bellaband online the other day because I loved my last one but haven't had to wear it yet. By the end of the day my pants are uncomfortable but not yet to the point that I need to unbutton them. I want to find some comfy pants that aren't full panel for the first several months and had hoped to look this weekend but ran out of time. I will shop online in a pinch but I HATE doing online returns when they don't fit. Such a pain.

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

If I could get away with yoga pants, I totally would. But, I have to wear business casual 5 days a week, so that leaves me buying a whole new wardrobe!

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Most of my work pants are getting really uncomfortable. A couple of them
I can't even get buttoned anymore. Such a drastic change from how things went when
I was pregnant with dd. It took forever for my belly to pop with her... This time it's got a mind of its own!
I would guess I'll be in maternity clothes in the next couple weeks.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Most my pants don't fit well The bloating has just made that much of a difference along with the fact that I cant stand any pressure on it. I do have a couple of work pants with a stretchy waiste that are fine and I wear lounge wear around the house. I need to buy some casual maternity pants.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm with you all on the bloating, but thankfully mine seems to be higher (meaning pants are mostly ok but shirts are getting tough).

My real issue is that I lent all of my maternity clothes to a friend when she was having her second (~2yrs ago). She lent them, with my permission, to her sister a few months later. But then my friend moved to a different part of the state! Last time I saw her in May she said to let her know when I wanted everything (mine+hers+sister's) and she'd send a huge box. I don't think I'll really need to buy anything new since I have all that coming (and maybe some loans from my SIL and a cousin) but we haven't even told our families yet! I'm hesitant to tell my friend until we spill the beans to our families at Thanksgiving, but we'll see how desperate I get ;-)

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm going to have to buy some business clothes at some point to wear my work pants are getting snug

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote