Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I HAVE YOGURT ON MY HOO-HA

I've never had a yeast infection so forgive me if this is stupid, but isn't sticking frozen stuff up there going to be unpleasantly chilly?

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #32
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I've never had a yeast infection so forgive me if this is stupid, but isn't sticking frozen stuff up there going to be unpleasantly chilly?
Ummm not if it feels like your vagina is the gates of hell.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
This.

I have never had one, thank goodness, but I cannot imagine something frozen UP and IN. Cold on the area? Yes! but frozen in?? Ack. Also,how does one do that during the day without being super awkward. Just thinking about how I would have to be squating to do that...then having it drip out.

Ok...I am way over thinking this, and it is gross.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
mariannec32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
In my early 20's I suffered from chronic yeast infections that Dr.'s insisted had nothing to do with birth control pills. I had taken Diflucan so regularly that even that stopped working. Long, miserable story short... Boric Acid. Yep! If you fill gelatin pill capsules with boric acid and insert one vaginally every night for a week or two I'd be willing to bet it will kill it for good. You can google for more info.

ISO: New or EUC Planetwise hanging/large wetbags, Simplex OS, bamboo prefolds.
mariannec32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

I would call the physician or go to a Minute Clinic-type facility and get a prescription for diflucan. If not, then I would try the monistat. I prefer Terazol, but am not sure if it is over the counter like the monistat. I understand that it can hurt, but it will bring relief and cure the yeast infection.

The other "remedies" you are being offered may alleviate some symptoms, but won't do anything for the underlying infection, or are simply unproven at all. Boric acid has some success, but is a prescription medication. You need to get the yeast infection cured and not just the symptoms temporarily under control.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #36
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can you get frost bite in your hoohoo?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
This.

I have never had one, thank goodness, but I cannot imagine something frozen UP and IN. Cold on the area? Yes! but frozen in?? Ack. Also,how does one do that during the day without being super awkward. Just thinking about how I would have to be squating to do that...then having it drip out.

Ok...I am way over thinking this, and it is gross.
I don't think you'd do it every day all day--just once or twice, probably while at home at least the first time. Unless you have a mild infection that you think can be cured by inserts, you are probably just using this for extra relief and to speed healing. And you would be wearing some clean rags or a disposable maxi to throw away (much as I hate those). Depending on comfort level, you might want to let the frozen stuff warm up a little bit. But the points are that colder than fridge temperature would bring the most refreshment to seriously irritated bits, and the colder it is going in the longer it will take before it all turns to liquid and pours out (giving more opportunity for efficacy). I don't think it WOULD sound like a nice solution unless you've had a really awful yeast infection before of the sort that makes you fear your "hoo-hah" is going to get stuck together from crusty, fiery misery. THEN it sounds like a balm. At least, *I* thought the mom who mentioned it was a genius.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 11-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #38
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could always just stand on your head so the stuff doesn't run out
Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #39
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

This is the first thing my mother says to do in this case. I say it's awful, I hope you get some relief soon.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #40
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
Can you get frost bite in your hoohoo?
Yes