Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #91
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone score any good Black Friday stuff?

I did most of my shopping at kohls online Wednesday and Thursday. Last night I ordered 6 nanas bottoms for m and 6 doll diapers.

Today I ran to Fred Meyers for their sock sale. And got four Carter's fleece pjs for $4.99 each. Going to give two of them to my nephew.

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #92
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Due date chat **November**

I bought flannel online for super cheap on Joanne Fabrics site with free shipping on any order. I bought it so I can make matching pj's for the boys, and matching ones for the girls! I try to get or make pj's for the kids each year for Christmas Eve present, so they can open them up as a Pre Christmas gift, and look great Christmas morning for pics

I also bought a personalized Christmas doormat that has our family name on top, then snowmen for each of the 7 of us on it with our names below! Really cute, but they don't expect it to come for 2-3 weeks!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #93
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

p.s.
I'm really sad that our Aug 13 group is done now Newbies are coming in. Some days, I feel like I just got my BFP! Can't believe it's been a year now. Some days, I feel like I never gave birth....like this whole thing went by so fast, that I didn't even get to savor it.

I'm sooooo devastated there will be nor more kids for me DH had his V. It's heart breaking for me.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #94
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Inspection every 2 years? LUCKY!!!! In NY, it's EVERY YEAR inspection, and every 2 years to register it. NYS soaks us big time! Inspection is $21, but to register it runs around $100, some more!

As for homeschooling (I missed the beginning of the conversation)....I homeschooled a year with my kids and loved it! BUT, without the support from DH and his family/friends who criticized us, it became impossible with all the negativity. I feel your pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Missy there are ton of homeschoolers on here. I am sure you can find someone. There also HAS to be a home schooling group for your state. I bet it is on yahoo. That is where ours is. You don't have to be part of the group full time but I am shocked by how many "crunchy" people there are in this state if I just look around a bit.

Why doesn't your DH like homeschooling? The rest of the family I would tell they them to stick it. :P

It is a state law in this state that ALL cars have to be inspected every 2 years after the initial 5 year "new car" inspection time is over. Our van is 7 years old. Our car is 13 years old. It doesn't cost anything but it is a pain. They made us ALL get out of the car today. So much fun in 30 degree weather with my eye on carseat safety (ODS came out without a coat on). Oh and I have a funny story about inspections. When we moved to this state I had to pay off my car (which was 4 years old at the time) just to get it registered. NJ is crazy like that. Anyway I had to go about 90 rounds with the DMV at the time so by the time I got to the inspection (which I had to do twice) I was in no mood. They noticed as they were about to slap the sticker in the window that I had passed, that my drivers side mirror housing had a chip in it. The mirror wasn't chipped, but the housing was. The guy said "you should get this fixed before you come back". I asked "why?" He said "If someone rubs up against your car they can get hurt. You can put duct tape on it and solve the problem." This was my first new car that I had EVER purchased. It is a Toyota Camry and I was very proud of it. So I replied "If someone rubs up against my car and gets hurt from that they deserve it! And I am not putting duct tape on my car! I didn't purchase a Hyundai I purchased a Toyota!" At that he laughed and sent me on my way. BTW the housing still has that chip in it. They don't even look at it now.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #95
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In Maine we need yearly inspection AND registration. My old clunker is over $100 to register each year, and new cars can be well over $500 to register. One year I had to register a company vehicle that was 2ish years old and it cost over $700.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #96
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We did get almost all of our shopping done. I still need to pick up little things but that is it. I also picked up 3 more nana bottoms and 5 nicki's pockets, all h/l I am done with snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
As for homeschooling (I missed the beginning of the conversation)....I homeschooled a year with my kids and loved it! BUT, without the support from DH and his family/friends who criticized us, it became impossible with all the negativity. I feel your pain.
I just wish I could block them all out but I always take what people say to heart. I know I shouldn't and that is finally what made me say I was done. The kids still ask to be homeschooled and that they miss it but I don't know if I could ever deal with all the comments again.

As for car inspections here we don't. You walk in with your piece of paper, pay your money, then you are on your way. They never even look at your car. Now if you buy a car from out of state or move in there is a vin inspection done to make sure the car is not stolen but that is a one time deal.

Last edited by missydawn; 11-30-2013 at 08:31 AM.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #97
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

blessedwifenmama - Sorry about all the sadness. Deaths always seem to happen in 3's around me so I am never happy when someone dies. In my family tree is a very obvious example of this in 1992. All three within 2 weeks! Glad the little one got to go home!

crunchymamaNY - I am sad as well. And yes it was just yesterday! However for me I am still not sure we are done, see below.

crunchymamaNY - I used to live in NYS and I don't remember that. The things you block out. However it always bothered me how many stickers you have to have on your windows up there! I am just thankful that NJ hasn't started the excise tax yet. We had that in Massachusetts and it was just down right insulting!

AFM - No black friday sales here. I did shop at Vitacost but that was it. I didn't even go out yesterday.

I spent most of my time yesterday going through my 2006 blog posts and moving the photos over. That was HARD. It is so hard to see photos of my late DD Emily and seeing how much she looked like her brothers. Then I found out we are missing 17 photos from her! :fuming: I can't believe it! They could just be not worth it but when your daughter is only alive for 5 months you better have all the photos!! Dad said he will try to extract them from the SD card for me. I have the file names. So I am going to send that to him to work on. They are his granddaughter too!

Anyway through this I mentioned to DH that I could do it all over again (not the loss but the whole "have a baby thing"). DH said he isn't there right now. I said I don't mind as I am not either. I want to breastfeed Nathaniel for 2 years, so he has time. So we will have to see. If we went back it would involve donor egg or donor embryo so it would be quite a project (not that having a baby via normal IVF isn't) and quite costly.

Thanksgiving was good for us.

I don't understand those of you that have DH's that are not supportive of homeschooling? What don't they like? My DH insisted that we either homeschool or put our children in private school. Public schools are a mess (no offense Erica) and I have holes in my education that I could fit small countries through. ESPECIALLY in history. We had budget cuts when I was a sophomore in high school and they got rid of world history for me! Why get rid of that? It is insane! I didn't want my children to go through that so we homeschool. My family knows better then to say anything to me, and honestly my father will likely become a reluctant homeschooler next year because my sister REALLY wants to do figure skating full time (which she will need to do to have a chance at the Olympics).
Old 12-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #98
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
New thread

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1559866
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote