Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #21
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Due date chat **November**

Missy - I am not sure what carseat I will go to next. DH really likes anti-rebound rear facing so it will have to do that. That limits our choices quite a bit. I think we may just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. I am such a planner that I don't like doing that, but with N being so small, it might be for the best.

I hope you got your cleaning done!

Vanessa - Congratulations on the roll over! I am sorry you are stressing about the trip. I would probably be doing the same thing though if we were going to Florida this year. N isn't great in the car either. We will likely go to Florida in May or June though. I hope all your worrying is for nothing at the end of the day.

Erica - on making new longies! I hope you got your grocery shopping done. I was figuring out my list yesterday as we had to place a farm order to last 2 weeks (not critical 2 weeks as they will be delivering a week from monday for next week but still). I think I have a list for our Thanksgiving. :head scratch: Did you see my suggestion for the board in my last post? I wonder if the powers that be would like a board just named "Playgroups" for the groups that continue after their due date board. That way you don't have yearly boards.

AFM - Well N did okay with his ear tag removal. I think it did hurt him and he wasn't happy afterwords but he is alright now.
Before:

After:

Today we are going to our last farm share pick up of the season. We will get it again next year and that should start in about May. I also need to take a light bulb back to Lowes as it was damaged. It is a 36 inch florescent bulb. I also need to find out if they have apple wood there so I can have a bit of smoke on our turkey. If I get that and the school work for DS done then I will consider it a productive day. Tomorrow is grocery shopping which I may do first thing. I imagine it will be a mad house later in the day. And shopping with 2 kids is always a mad house in my own right. Yeah I know you with more kids then me are laughing at me.

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Jennifer - He is still so cute. I think the bottom pic is the first one I have seen that he is not smiling in. The only rebound car seat I can think about it the foonf. Which other ones are out there? Remember how I said I had to change from Charlie's Soap because of the smell, well after two washes with tide my diapers started leaking So I am now rewashing them in charlie's to strip them. I emailed them to see if they had an idea about the smell going on but I have not heard back yet.

Erica - I think you need to make me longies I keep looking at buying wool but then I shy away every time. I am just scared of taking car of it.

Vanessa - GL on your trip

ATM - It snowed but only 3 inches this time. I have to take Ares (the dog) to the vet for his shots and then home to clean and straighten everything up. DH IS COMING HOME TONIGHT!!! He spent the night in Vegas so he will be home around 9 tonight.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dinco or whatever that is called is anti-rebound rear facing as is Britax convertibles. I don't really like the Radian so I might end up with Foof or a Britax. Maybe the Advocate.

That is interesting about Tide. I got my tide in 2010 and we are just about done with it. I only use it for diapers. I wonder if they changed their formula? Companies often do that without telling you. When I was a nanny the twins I was watching suddenly got allergic to Pampers diapers. I called the company and they assured me that the diapers were the same. However I called back and pressed them and they admitted that they did change them. At the time they had other diapers that were suppose to help with diaper rashes and those were the only diapers that would work on them for a long time. Expensive for the mother but they worked.

You got snow! We are suppose to get some Sunday or Monday. I hope we can actually see it this time. It will be a good present for me on my sister's birthday. She turns 13 on Monday.

Have fun with your DH!

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 11-21-2013 at 06:56 AM.
3 ladybugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #24
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 11-21-2013 at 06:55 AM.
3 ladybugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #25
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We've been using tide for a couple if years now. They did switch over to "ultra" tide. We've never had a problem with build up. I use just to the first line.

Yay for dh coming home. And I hope he won some money for stopping off at Vegas.

I will try and ask "the powers that be" if we can have a play group forum.

Didn't start the longies yesterday. Told dh I needed to get a pair done by next Saturday and he was like "oh you'll get them done. Want me to take you on a four hour drive". I told him Matthew has grown since my newborn knitting stage. . Hope to cast on today

Dh was late coming home yesterday (darn holiday coming up and people wanting their groceries). But thankfully I had dinner already made by 2pm and it just needed to be reheated in the oven. So I had to go grocery shopping at 7pm. Even at that time its still chaotic. Again darn people wanting their groceries for thanksgiving.

Playpark today. Hopefully m will be a bit more cooperative today. He was grumpy yesterday and didn't really want to eat. He wanted to be bounced and in the dark laundry room with the exhaust fan on.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Jennifer- glad the ear tag appt went well. Boo for last farm pickup. love that you are using the egg for the turkey!

Missy- Yay for dh coming home!! gl with the doggie appt. ps- keep your snow up there!!

Erica- hope you get some knitting done today! Glad the glasses aren't an issue. Still waiting on a pic!!

afm- I stayed up late last night folding laundry. I still have a few baskets to sort through, and trying to wash a bunch of bedding. I'm hoping to pack everyone's clothes tonight so the suitcase will be ready. tomorrow I am going to clean the van out, and wrap some car presents for the kids. I think I am almost done prepping! Still need to make a grocery list for my aunt who is going to stock the house before we get there.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Going to ship off a box of prefolds and pul to get them made into aios for Matthew. And of course we ran out of packaging tape need to see of we have duct tape.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

stevensmom - Hmm… nice to know about Tide. I might need to think about this some more. I hope you got the longies started and your trip to the park went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Jennifer- glad the ear tag appt went well. Boo for last farm pickup. love that you are using the egg for the turkey!

afm- I stayed up late last night folding laundry. I still have a few baskets to sort through, and trying to wash a bunch of bedding. I'm hoping to pack everyone's clothes tonight so the suitcase will be ready. tomorrow I am going to clean the van out, and wrap some car presents for the kids. I think I am almost done prepping! Still need to make a grocery list for my aunt who is going to stock the house before we get there.
They are starting a winter farm share next year. They are actually getting 8 greenhouses today I was told. I can't wait for that! I will have to take photos of the before and after egg cook. Wow you are busy! I hope the trip itself is relaxing for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Going to ship off a box of prefolds and pul to get them made into aios for Matthew. And of course we ran out of packaging tape need to see of we have duct tape.
Duct tape to the rescue!!

AFM - My morning went quite well. I was able to find apple wood chips at Lowes (they also had cherry which I thought was odd) and return the light bulb alright. The farm pick up was sad but I know we will be back next year. I got home and DH calls me for his normal lunch time call. He is freaking out because something went wrong at his work and and thinks he is going to get fired. I try to calm him down but I get off the phone with him and then I worry about it. Hours tick by and then I find myself going, "this has to be good right?" Finally DH texts me and says his bosses are not going to fire him. I really didn't need this stress today!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Playpark was okay. It's inside at church/presxhool where the kids get to play with "cars" (those big little tike cars/trucks) and bikes. And then there's toy kitchens and slides. Just a big play date type of thing. It's nice to get her active three days a week

I really want to look into gymnastics or dance for her. I did dance for over ten years growing up but unfortunately the dance studio that I was at finally closed

Yeah I've never had issues with tide and never had stains or buildup or stink (well other than nasty toddler stank )

Duct tape recused me . Now just to print off the label. And I hope these prefolds are absorbent. I'm getting them with a pocket so if I need extra absorbency I can add it in easily.

sorry about the stress of dh.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #30
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did you go to the dance studio on the hill in Hazel Dell. I forget the name of it now… It is near that "banana" church. At least that is what I always called it. It looks like a banana on the side. I went there I think it was Shell Dance?? I took several years of tap and 2 years of ballet. I picked it up again in high school but didn't go there. I hope you are able to find something for your DD to go to. I want my sons to get into ballroom dance but DH doesn't want them learning "too early".

I made lemon bars. I hope that will help DH relax about the stress of the day. We will be having liver and onions today. I can't fry with N on my belly so DH will have to do that when he comes home.