Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tell Me Not To Do It

My daughter is 20 months and we want to start potty learning at 2. I have no idea how it's gonna go. I thought she would be easy but she still won't tell me when she pees or poos so I dunno. I have been waiting for that to happen but so far, nada.

We use Fuzzibunz shells with hemp inserts. Our stash is a mix of old style elites and new elites. We dont have quite enough hemp to go around so we supplement with microfiber and minky. I HATE the microfiber and minky. We have soft water and it takes a zillion rinses to get them clean. My husband also does not compute the two different diaper sizes. He is always fastening them wrong. I am just not in love with our stash. I want a new one! With cyber monday around the corner, I'm seriously thinking of dropping $400 on a new stash of side snappers, which are what I really, really wanted our stash to be but husband said they felt awkward so I stuck with fuzzibunz. They are my fave pocket diaper but meh. I wish they would do a natural fiber diaper already. It washes so much easier.

I do intend to get pregnant and have another baby, so I'm not completely out of mind, right? Still, $400 is a lot of money, even if I get $150 or so back from the sale of the fb. What would you ladies do?

Advertisement

Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

If you plan to use them again for another baby then I say do it. Most days I don't find diapering a chore because I'm happy with our stash (which took a lot of experimenting and selling to arrive at) and that really matters to me. My husband wasn't a fan of side snapping diapers either, so I ended up selling those. Make sure he is on board with the side snapping though because I wouldn't want to invest and have my husband cranky about them. One thing that may help is buying snaps to fill the holes of the snaps not in use on the diaper. So the only snaps that can be used are the ones that fit baby properly. I don't know if I'm explaining that right but there is a company in Canada that sells them to give you an idea http://earthtribebaby.com/innovative...care-solution/.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell Me Not To Do It

I would keep a stash for your DH, and the change the rest for what YOU want. Sorry, not exactly telling you not to do it

My reasoning is that having a stash you love makes diapering so much less tedious. In addition, what if your DD isn't ready to PL -- although what I read is that most girls DO PL around that age. My boys, both of them, didn't PL until 3 1/2 so I was happy that I went ahead and bought a few of the things that I ended up only using about 9 months - 1 year.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's a toughie. You just never know when it will click for them. My son up and potty trained at two weeks shy of his second birthday - out of nowhere. Did you plan on keeping the FB stash for the next kid? If not, consider how long til #2 may come along. I saved a bunch of pockets for 18 months (diapers themselves were 2.5 years old) and all the elastic was shot. FB elite elastic is easy to replace, others not so much.

Fuzzibunz did actually try a cotton insert maybe a year or two ago. It didn't sell well. :/

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and Nate (Mar 2013)
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister is expecting a boy and most of ours are gender neutral so she could use them. I'm leary aof handing her a long wash job though. I think the synthetic fabrics just need at least one extra rinse cycle, period, to be "fresh" enough. I would rather hand down the natural fibers. I think what I am leaning toward is placing 8-10 side snappers on layaway cyber monday and sewing another 20 myself. So far, all my serger projects have turned out well and it will be much cheaper, and I can sfford to keep the fb for hubby.

Thanks for the help all.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If I were you and had the money, I'd keep a dozen Fuzzibunz with hemp inserts and buy 12-18 of the diapers you want. And only keep one type of elite so there's no issue with the size difference. My dd PT'd at 34 months so you could have a while left the benefit of waiting on her was that she trained herself, super quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh that sounds like a good idea too! We'll see what the cyber monday sales are.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
minimocha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought some Kawaiis and i feel like even if I don't sell them in the future I've made good use of them for the price Then maybe I would just give them away or sell them at a low price to family in need.
minimocha is offline   Reply With Quote