Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
missbrea
Registered Users
seller

Newborn Imagine pictures, and questions

So, my baby was 4 weeks early, and so quite a bit smaller than I expected. He is still a good size for a slightly premature guy - 6 lbs 13 oz (6.5lbs now, as he's lost a bit). He is four days old, and I just started using my cloth stash yesterday when I brought him home. The only newborn size diapers I have are what my friend got me in the Imagine Newborn gift package - 12 extra small prefolds, 12 small prefolds, 1 AIO, 1 fitted, 1 OS pocket, 4 covers.

So far I haven't used too many diapers since they only produce so many in the first days. I've been through the AIO, the fitted, and the 12 xs, then did laundry. I have a huge stack of gerber prefolds that I've been using for changing pads, wipes, burp cloths, etc, and they made up the rest of the washing load. So I haven't tried the small prefolds, but the extra smalls seem bulky enough!

Here are a couple pictures of my little guy in the AIO and in a covered prefold:

(the cover does usually go under his cord stump, that is just an odd angle)

It seems to me that I will need some more newborn diapers, since he's likely to fit in them for longer than I expected. I thought I'd be a prefolds + covers person, but my little guy gets pretty upset at changes and likes the ones that go faster. Maybe it will be better once I'm more confident with the snappi and such, but I'm thinking maybe some AIOs would be good. I like the one I have, it dried faster than the prefolds even, but it is awfully big on him. I do want things that will last awhile though, my budget is small.

I also have a Best Bottoms cover and three inserts, and a Softbums Omni with a mini pod and a dry touch pod. I hope they will fit on him, but I haven't tried them yet. I have a stash of BG 4.0s that have no hope of fitting for some time.

Any advice?

Advertisement

Last edited by missbrea; 11-19-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: pictures didn't work
missbrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Newborn Imagine pictures, and questions

You could try some Nana's Bottoms. They are really affordable but take a while to get since she makes them all custom. I have also heard that the Lil Joeys are pretty small and I see them on FSOT quite a bit. I got a bunch of different NB diapers to try when LO gets here. I have a bunch that look to be a little bigger -about the same size as the Imagine ones. Those are BG, tots bots and swaddlebees.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
A.Fred
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

little NB diapers = Nana's Bottoms for sure. and Rainshine Designs (although those are a little more pricey).
A.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's so sweet!!!! You could try just trifolding the prefold in the cover. That takes tons less time. You will go through more covers that way, but it might be easier on the little guy. Congrats mama! He seriously is gorgeous!

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
universe2
Registered Users
seller

I would get more aios since you know you like them I have about 8 of them and will probably get some more they are so soft and nice
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
babyleon
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!
babyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
missbrea
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered a few AIOs, and I also discovered that the Best Bottoms diaper does work on my tiny guy, even below his cord:

I did also try trifolding the prefold in the cover, and that was marginally better, but these Imagine covers have no flaps or any way to hold the prefold in place, so that will take a little practice to make work smoothly. It did make it a less annoying process for my baby, so that is good
missbrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
risata
Registered Users
seller

What a cutie! Congrats, and thanks for the pics.