Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #81
hbee's Avatar
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 5,997
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Gallbladders do not typically explode.

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #82
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Gallbladders do not typically explode.
i know that... lol. :P

i was simply showing how my irrational mind thinks sometimes.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #83
catilina's Avatar
catilina
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Beautiful Oregon!
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
Did you even read that? It says in the first paragraph that there are four times based off stool consistency, and none of them are normal. I didn't say it wasn't because she doesn't have it most of the time, I said it wasn't because when she is having an episode her stool was normal, not hard or soft/runny.
Yes of course I read it. Here are the beginning paragraphs, quoted, my own bolding added. It says IBS is pain that MAY occur with a change in stool consistency or frequency, not that it ALWAYS does. Also, a person can have IBS while still having "normal" stools over 75 percent of the time, even during an "episode."

"IBS is diagnosed when a person has had abdominal pain or discomfort at least three times a month for the last 3 months without other disease or injury that could explain the pain. The pain or discomfort of IBS may occur with a change in stool frequency or consistency or be relieved by a bowel movement.

IBS is often classified into four subtypes based on a person’s usual stool consistency. These subtypes are important because they affect the types of treatment that are most likely to improve the person’s symptoms. The four subtypes of IBS are

IBS with constipation (IBS-C)
hard or lumpy stools at least 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools less than 25 percent of the time

IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D)
loose or watery stools at least 25 percent of the time
hard or lumpy stools less than 25 percent of the time

Mixed IBS (IBS-M)
hard or lumpy stools at least 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools at least 25 percent of the time

Unsubtyped IBS (IBS-U)
hard or lumpy stools less than 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools less than 25 percent of the time"
__________________
cat
mommy to one hilarious preschooler boy (09.06)
and one cuddly toddler girl (05.09)!

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #84
hbee's Avatar
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 5,997
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
i know that... lol. :P

i was simply showing how my irrational mind thinks sometimes.
I think you are far too aware of your body for it to get to that point.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #85
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I think you are far too aware of your body for it to get to that point.
i'm uncomfortably aware of my body. :/ it really sucks sometimes, honestly. here's to hoping this medication works!!!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #86
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post
Yes of course I read it. Here are the beginning paragraphs, quoted, my own bolding added. It says IBS is pain that MAY occur with a change in stool consistency or frequency, not that it ALWAYS does. Also, a person can have IBS while still having "normal" stools over 75 percent of the time, even during an "episode."

"IBS is diagnosed when a person has had abdominal pain or discomfort at least three times a month for the last 3 months without other disease or injury that could explain the pain. The pain or discomfort of IBS may occur with a change in stool frequency or consistency or be relieved by a bowel movement.

IBS is often classified into four subtypes based on a person’s usual stool consistency. These subtypes are important because they affect the types of treatment that are most likely to improve the person’s symptoms. The four subtypes of IBS are

IBS with constipation (IBS-C)
hard or lumpy stools at least 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools less than 25 percent of the time

IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D)
loose or watery stools at least 25 percent of the time
hard or lumpy stools less than 25 percent of the time

Mixed IBS (IBS-M)
hard or lumpy stools at least 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools at least 25 percent of the time

Unsubtyped IBS (IBS-U)
hard or lumpy stools less than 25 percent of the time
loose or watery stools less than 25 percent of the time"
i would definitely fall under the ibs-c category.

my cousin has ibs, she is also a nurse. she said that my symptoms sound like her IBS when it first started about 5 years ago. now she has constant diarrhea.

i am not going to focus too much on it. i saw the dr. now i will try what she said. if it's still there when i go back in to see her again in january, we'll see where to go from there
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #87
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

ugh. someone help!!!! :/

i'm having severe anxiety over taking the celexa. afraid that i am going to have a really bad reaction to it or something. so much so that i am debating on waiting until tomorrow night, or maybe even wednesday night. but then again, dh may have to work overnight wednesday, and i am not going to take it for the first time while he is gone, just in case i DO have a reaction and need to call 911.

god... being crazy really, really, really sucks. maybe i will just give myself one more day... maybe tomorrow i won't be so anxious
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #88
z2akids's Avatar
z2akids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,418
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Have you ever had a reaction to Prozac or any other drug in that class? Waiting is not going to lessen your anxiety about taking it. You just have to get through it and take it. It is very unlikely that you will have a reaction. It takes time for these medications to build up in your system and the longer you put off treating the anxiety, the longer you will have to live with it.

The longer you wait, the worse you are going to build it up in your mind and the harder it will be to take elit.
__________________
Jennifer

Last edited by z2akids; 12-09-2013 at 04:39 PM.
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #89
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: diagnose me? the next health dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
Have you ever had a reaction to Prozac or any other drug in that class? Waiting is not going to lessen your anxiety about taking it. You just have to get through it and take it. It is very unlikely that you will have a reaction. It takes time for these medications to build up in your system and the longer you put off treating the anxiety, the longer you will have to live with it.

The longer you wait, the worse you are going to build it up in your mind and the harder it will be to take elit.
i took either effexor, or lexapro awhile ago, when i was like 17. those are the only two medications that i've had for depression.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #90
MamaZnR's Avatar
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,392
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids
Have you ever had a reaction to Prozac or any other drug in that class? Waiting is not going to lessen your anxiety about taking it. You just have to get through it and take it. It is very unlikely that you will have a reaction. It takes time for these medications to build up in your system and the longer you put off treating the anxiety, the longer you will have to live with it. The longer you wait, the worse you are going to build it up in your mind and the harder it will be to take elit.
Agreed. Did your dr give you any klonipon (sp?) or Ativan? Your anxiety sounds out of control. It is highly unlikely you will have a severe allergic reaction. Can you get some cardio in tomorrow? It will help burn off the extra energy you are having. Hang in there, glad you are getting treated. The longer you wait to treat anxiety, the worse it gets!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.