Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Second Week Diapering a Newborn

On 12/10 she was 8lbs 6oz. I've been loving the thirsties aio.

My son (born 8.5lbs) worn BG XS at 24 hours old. This one, I couldn't fit it under the stump. When she lost it at the beginning of week 2, they barely fit around her waist.

I liked thirsties xs and duo1 equality the first 2 weeks. The xs seem to get poo on it alot so I finally got a pic of it. Took one of the duo on the same day for comparison.

Considering trying OS soon....

Outgrown
imagine nb fitteds (2)
swaddebees nb fitted
BG XS

nb swaddlebees fitted, 8 days, ~8lbs 6oz

Thirsties aio sz1, day 9, ~8lbs 6oz

Softbum w/ hemp insert, day 11 ~8lbs 6oz

BG XS, day 13, ~8lbs 6oz++

Osocozy flat, neat fold, boingo, day 13, ~8lbs 6oz++, under thirsties xs

thirsties duo sz1 sm rise over osocozy flat, neat fold, snappi, day 13, ~8lbs 6oz++

**First Week
She was born 8.0lbs and dropped to 7lbs 10oz. At day 6 she weighed 8lbs 1oz. I think she has a short rise.

What hasn't fit (too high rise mostly):
BG XS
tots bot nb
thirsties duo fitted and AIO
blistful bootie nb AIO

What we've been using:
osocozy flats in nb kite fold or neat fold (12)
gerber nb muslim flats with thirsties fab doublers in kite fold (3)
ikea 80 cent kitchen towels in kite fold (8) & 2 made into homemade prefolds w/ bikini twist (10 total)
imagine nb fitteds (2)
swaddebees nb fitted (1 - tiny almost outgrown)

Covers
Capri sz1 - middle snap (2)
thirsties sz1 - smallest snap (2)
RAR nb - middle snap (2)
thirsties xs (1)

What I've noticed:
- With osocozy kite fold, not enough wing, neat fold is better but harder to get right, I need to compare the general size to the kite fold
- Capri needs the middle rise snap while thirsties is the smallest, shocked me!
- with 28 changes I need to wash every 1.5 days. It's also when the hanging pail is full. Today when the diaper laundry completed drying we had 3 changes left, wouldn't want to cut it any closer than that.

thirsties duo smallest rise over osocozy flat, nb kite fold, boingo, day 1, ~8lbs

capri size 1 middle rise, osocozy flat, neat fold?, boingo, day 4, ~7lbs 10oz

Capri, middle rise over ikea towel "flat", boingo, day 5, ~8lbs

RAR NB over osocozy flat, neat fold, boingo, day 7, ~8lbs 1oz

Thirsties duo sz1 cover over a Gerber nb muslin flat in kite fold with thirsties fab doubler, day 6, ~8lbs 1oz

Imagine nb fitted ~8lbs 1oz+, day 8

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-15-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Re: First Week Diapering a Newborn

So cute! I can't wait for our little girl to get here only 5 more weeks! We have 24 newborn prefolds and 12 osocozy flats. We have thirsties duos and RaR and I was nervous but they look like they fit great! I was thinking about getting a couple fleece soakers but the capris look like they fit so nice, how long do you think they will last until? I may pick up one or 2.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
risata
Registered Users
seller

awww so cute. the neat fold looks great. I am planning to mostly use prefolds and fitteds but have some flats to use as back-up ... maybe they'll get more use than I think!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

So cute! Thanks mama! Congrats of your newbie!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yayyyy congrats and great pics!!! Gotta love flats I was too intimidated by them to try them on my newborn as a FTM, but for my second CDed baby I *loved* flats for those in-between sizes. And love adjustable rise tiny covers for the same reason. Awesome pics and congrats again
Old 12-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #6
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Cuuuuute! My babe is 3 weeks old and was about the same size as yours at birth. I couldn't get our Thirsties Duos to fit under the cord at all! They fit great on the smallest rise now at 9lbs 3oz, but they would still touch the cord stump if it was still there. Maybe my baby just has a super short rise though?

Great flat folding! I'm impressed!
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thx everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg103 View Post
So cute! I can't wait for our little girl to get here only 5 more weeks! We have 24 newborn prefolds and 12 osocozy flats. We have thirsties duos and RaR and I was nervous but they look like they fit great! I was thinking about getting a couple fleece soakers but the capris look like they fit so nice, how long do you think they will last until? I may pick up one or 2.
I'd say the capris are my least favorite right now. its wide with a shortish rise. The RAR are clearly the smallest, I don't see the capris getting outgrown, I think/hope the would just start fitting better soon.

I love the gerber flats, if they cost less I'd rec those -- I almost recently bought more but for over a dollar each its a bit ridicules for something that needs a doubler. I loved them the first 2 days before the milk. Adding pic in a minute.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Awesome!

You've convinced me: I have my nb stash all set (for whenever we conceive #2 lol) except that I've been debating getting a boingo. I had decided not to since I have 3 snappies, but that boingo looks like the PERFECT size for a little one!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How CUTE!!! Very informative for mamas w/newbies (or little ones on-the-way).
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
Ark2003
Registered Users

Precious!! Congrats!

Ps. You've got mad flat folding skills!!

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote