Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

2nd Trimester

Are we all in our 2nd trimester now? I'm due towards the end of the month and I turned 13 weeks on Monday!

I just yesterday started having the WORST pain in my boobs! It is terrible! I didn't have this symptom at all with my other two but they itch and burn so incredibly bad. And my nips, ohmygosh, I am ready to claw them off! I hope it ends soon. Even brushing them on something makes me want to SCREAM!

Other than the boobs, I'm feeling great! I'm still maintaining my workouts, but I'm finding my recovery time to be a lot longer than pre-pregnancy. If I have an intense workout/lifting session, I'm sore for that day and the day after before I can resume workouts. Also my mile times have slowed to the point that I'm ready to ditch the Garmin. I know my distance on my routes but looking at my snails pace is only depressing so I'm going to quit torturing myself.

How is everyone else feeling? Is everyone "out in the open" with it? It's getting SO hard to hide but we're not telling until Christmas! I literally had a stomachache on Sunday from sucking it in at church! Obviously 13 weeks with your 3rd is too far to still be in the closet about it! I think I'm most excited about telling the kids!

Advertisement

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2nd Trimester

I turn 13 weeks tomorrow, although I don't consider myself to be 2nd trimester until 14 weeks (when I have finished my 13th week). I'm tired and extremely sensitive to smells and anything that looks nasty right now, but I don't have lingering nausea, so that's nice.

We're "out" with it, so everyone know. I'm not actually showing much at all- only if I wear a really tight shirt. With my first two, I didn't even have a hint of a belly yet at this stage, so I am surprised that I have a tiny bump already!

Some of our very good friends had a baby boy tonight and it was so exciting to hold a tiny newborn. And to talk to her about her birth story!!! Gets me excited!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nicole- you haven't told your kids yet? Wow I am impressed. There is NO way I could possibly hide it until then! It is so fun telling the kids!

AFM- Not feeling to bad. Not puking , still have days of nausea. 14 weeks today.
Is everyone ready for the holidays? I have all but one gift to buy. And haven't baked a thing yet. Thinking I will start this weekend when my girls start their Christmas break. Not much making too much either. Just some caramel popcorn, and some cookies. Probably sugar cookies, and some shortbread.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids don't know either we haven't told my family it's getting hard to hide.

I'm feeling pretty good definitly second trimester I'm 16 weeks tomorrow

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

The farther I get into the second trimester the better I am feeling. I had a little nausea yesterday but none on Sunday/Monday/ and so far today. I am also sleeping better! I have actually slept through the night..(or just got up to pee).. so it was def the nausea reeking havoc on my sleep. Starting at week 11 I started to get "good days" and they have become more frequent and now I think I'm almost at the point where I dont have any or hardly any bad days left! It's such a relief!!! Now I just have to get in back in the habit of doing things again...

We are telling people we see..I haven't told everyone at work yet. I am showing a bit.

My boobs are actually feeling a lot better than they were.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
rchamberlain
Registered Users
seller

We're out with it! My kids actually linked elbows and danced in a circle, chanting, "We're gonna have a baby! We're gonna have a baby!" They're psyched.

Yes, the BOOOOOBS! OW! Just started last week, and holy cow. Hubby actually went to the local bra boutique and told me to pick out whatever I wanted to support his new enormous girls. He is enamored with them...sigh. :smile:

My nighttime nausea, heartburn, horrible taste in my mouth is finally disappearing. Only to make way for headaches. I had an aura with a migraine last night. The last time I had one was with my second pregnancy. Anybody get these? They freak me out.

I never get headaches and now I have a headache all day. What helps you all?

Isn't it nice to know we're aaaaaalmost halfway there?! Yay!
I love my Jesus
rchamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Naseau is almost gone, but flares up a bit here and there. Lately it's been my back. Good gravy, it hurts like crazy.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantBlue View Post
Naseau is almost gone, but flares up a bit here and there. Lately it's been my back. Good gravy, it hurts like crazy.
Mine is just about gone too, every once in awhile I can feel it but tolerable... I am so happy now tho.. I am more motivated..and just my mood in general. The nausea certainly made me miserable in the first trimester. My boobs are also a lot better and my acne is improving

Last edited by activia; 12-21-2013 at 06:44 PM.
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia View Post
Mine is just about gone too, every once in awhile I can feel it but tolerable... I am so happy now tho.. I am more motivated..and just my mood in general. The nausea certainly made me miserable in the first trimester. My boobs are also a lot better and my acne is improving
I hate the day in and day out nausea and food aversions that come along with the first trimester. I remember thinking at the beginning of my pregnancy with the first, "How am I ever going to have a natural delivery if I'm so miserable about morning sickness!" But then I realized labor is so much better because it's shorter- not 8 weeks long of misery! I'm still not completely in the clear yet, but I'm getting there - 13 1/2 weeks right now.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
I hate the day in and day out nausea and food aversions that come along with the first trimester. I remember thinking at the beginning of my pregnancy with the first, "How am I ever going to have a natural delivery if I'm so miserable about morning sickness!" But then I realized labor is so much better because it's shorter- not 8 weeks long of misery! I'm still not completely in the clear yet, but I'm getting there - 13 1/2 weeks right now.
I was more thinking...how am I ever going to want to do this again?

I had 10 weeks of misery... 5 1/2 to 15 1/2. Although I had some days of relief sprinkled in from week 12 - week 15...and the relief days came more often as time went on.