Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Im now a binky, help!!!!

Dd is almost 11 months and over the last month or so she has been using me as a binky and will only sleep while she's latched! How to stop this and still manage to get sleep or put her down? She just got 4 teeth in and now has a virus so I get the comfort nursing now, I just feel completely burnt out on her attachment to me ATM...lol. Any tips or will she knock it off when she feels a little better? This mama needs a moment

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

She will probably lay off a bit when she is feeling better. I know it is rough feeling touched out, though. Whenever my DD would go through phases like that, I always told myself she really needed me at the time, and I'd work on her comfort nursing "issue" as soon as whatever illness/pain passed. But that was never necessary because she'd let up on her own...until of course she was sick or teething again

ETA have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution? She has a very gentle way of teaching LOs to fall asleep and stay asleep without constant nursing. Google "Pantley pull-off" to get the main idea of it.

Last edited by Teexie; 12-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
happy in FL
Registered Users
seller

Fellow binky here... 18 months old! No great advice from me, except to nurse on your side, laying down when you are tired, in an Ergo or sling when you're busy, and bring on the naps and movies when you can!

I get it. Sometimes I'm "done" being the binky and very rarely, but occasionally, have DH hold DS and we let our ds whine or cry (in his father's arms; all he wants is to nurse!) because--seriously--a mama's gotta go potty or drink a glass of water *alone* just once in a while!

I feel for you!
((hugs))
happy in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and definitely take a moment when you need one! Preferrably outside of the house...I know it's impossible to relax when you can hear kiddo crying in the other room, and they're smart enough to know you're still there. Even on DD's really bad days, DH was pretty good about keeping her giggling for 30 minutes or so while I ran an errand or took a walk.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think my 2 littles are both feeling poopy. My soon to be 3 year old was a melt down queen tonight! Her and the baby just fell asleep, maybe I can pee alone now or not, the dogs followed me. Lol. I like being the favorite and all but holy crap batman! My husband is a teensy bit helpful when he's here and awake, he works midnights now. She's been really good for the longest time nursing to sleep, un latching and sleeping for most of the night. These last few weeks have been like having a newbie again...growth spurt maybe?