Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
August 2013 Due date chat **January**

We welcome new people who had little ones born in or close to August 2013.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Due date chat **January**

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Jennifer - that is great news for N. I am not sure I have ever had sees candy before.

Erica - That is a lot of boxes. I need to organize our toy room as well but my nephews are coming over today so and they love to destroy rooms just for fun. It drives me crazy.

I have not heard anymore about the job yet. No surprise and I am not sure when I will hear and if I will. I have had some jobs never even call me back to say I didn't get it. Again I will be fine with what ever the outcome is. Also, dh received a raise at work which will help a ton
You really should try Sees candy at least once! I hope you hear something about the job. This hearing nothing isn't nice if you ask me.

Quote:
Dresden got his first tooth!!!! I am still in shock since my other three didn't get teeth until 6+ months old.
WOW that is amazing! N has been acting like he is getting one for weeks now but nothing has come out yet. I want to see photos! Babies are so cute with 1 or 2 teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

We are waiting for Matthew to sprout one. He's been chewing on anything he can reach.

Emily would get like four all at once. When she was 7 months old we (she and me only) flew down to my cousins wedding in New Mexico. That's when she decided to spout four all during that weekend

I'm dreading teeth. It makes nursing not as enjoyable
Ugg! I can't imagine getting 4 at once! I hope she was okay afterwards!

Quote:
I have never nursed past 4 weeks so this is all new so far. He has been a pill when it has come to sleeping these past two weeks so I am hoping things will get better now that it has pushed through.
I hope he goes back to sleeping well!

AFM - We are getting a big snow storm today/tonight/tomorrow as I am sure is on all of the news. I plan on going out today to get a few things but I hope to go after it starts snowing so idiots will hopefully not be on the roads. I know wishful thinking!

I have next week meals planned, and I went through and planned the rest of the school year for Max. He will finish on N's birthday if I give him a week off at Memorial day and 4th of July. I may veto that though if VBS is the same week as it was last year. Then I will just give him the month of July off. I was hoping to go to Florida for N's birthday this year but DH has someone under him that is going to give birth about then so he may not be able to leave for a week. So we will have to see.

I have also figured out how many weeks N is (24) so I can start his "schooling" I have the book "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready" that has activities for every week from birth to age 5. I figure M can help me with N and that could be good for family time.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I have also figured out how many weeks N is (24) so I can start his "schooling" I have the book "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready" that has activities for every week from birth to age 5. I figure M can help me with N and that could be good for family time.
I have never heard of this. Have you used it before?

I still have not hear anything but maybe today or tomorrow. I just keep checking the site because once it is filled they will take off.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stay safe Jennifer.

Missy I hope you hear one way or the other.

Afm: my mom is going to come over today and "redo" Stevens bedroom. We haven't really done anything since we moved him this summer. But last night I was second guessing the move. I'm thinking Matthew and Steven should have shared a room for a year or so. Emily is horrible to get to bed at night so there's no way I'd put Matthew in there now. I have been putting him in his crib in there during nap time and he does great. But once school starts back up next week I need to find a place for Emily to take her nap/quiet time. right now she's been fighting naps because big brothers home to play with her. But when he's back to school mommy's going to need quiet time.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have been trying to get Dresden to sleep in his crib but I have not had any luck yet.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have never heard of this. Have you used it before?

I still have not hear anything but maybe today or tomorrow. I just keep checking the site because once it is filled they will take off.
I have not used it before but I posted it on my blog and someone from church knows the lady who wrote it and she said it is very good. It was also recommend in the book "Well Trained Mind". The activities in it are simple enough. I figure it can't hurt. I wish I would have known about it when M was little though as I had WAY more time then.

Good luck with the waiting. Do you have that really really cold weather that I keep hearing about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Stay safe Jennifer.

Missy I hope you hear one way or the other.

Afm: my mom is going to come over today and "redo" Stevens bedroom. We haven't really done anything since we moved him this summer. But last night I was second guessing the move. I'm thinking Matthew and Steven should have shared a room for a year or so. Emily is horrible to get to bed at night so there's no way I'd put Matthew in there now. I have been putting him in his crib in there during nap time and he does great. But once school starts back up next week I need to find a place for Emily to take her nap/quiet time. right now she's been fighting naps because big brothers home to play with her. But when he's back to school mommy's going to need quiet time.
My boys are going to share a room their whole time they are living at home. Right now we are co-sleeping though so Max has a bit of time before he has to share with N. Honestly I would like DH to build this bed: http://ana-white.com/2012/04/plans/f...ge-bed-drawers for M then N could get the Kura bed till he is ready for the same bed himself. Max is likely going to be over 6 feet tall, so we may need to modify the plan to allow for the extra long twin size. N right now is going to be about 6 inches shorter then his brother so he should be fine in a normal twin.

I hope you get everything figured out with your children and sleeping!

AFM - Went to Aldi. Came back home. No snow yet. But the sky looks ripe for snow. Oh and if you ever wanted to know what Aldi is like, I posted today on my blog. http://66.147.244.239/~ourunpla/2014/01/02/aldi/
Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's only for his long afternoon nap will he do it. And only if we get him down at the right time. He'll fall asleep on us and if we move him to early or too late he'll be up.

We still have yet to get him in there at bedtime. He still nurses down to sleep in our bed and just stays there.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer I love your new avi! Your boys are so cute.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

It is not bad here, it will be around 40 degrees today. We did get snow the other day but nothing too bad. I think I am just getting use to the cold and snow.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Jennifer I love your new avi! Your boys are so cute.
Thank you!

Quote:
It is not bad here, it will be around 40 degrees today. We did get snow the other day but nothing too bad. I think I am just getting use to the cold and snow.
That is good! 40 isn't bad.

I just looked through my email and my township sent an email saying how they are prepared for the storm. They always strike me as funny. I am sure I will get one soon from the power company.