Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #11
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about Gender Disappointment. Please.

I would say a big part of it was that you expected and prepped for a girl. Having a boy was a total shock. Anytime you think something is going to happen and then suddenly the exact opposite does you will face some degree of shock and disappointment.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #12
MrsLove
Registered Users
seller

I just had my 5th son. Every single wives tale said girl, the whole family wanted girl it took us a while to conceive, and I really don't think we were going to have 6.. Needless to say it was another boy! Man were we floored. I cried for a day and then moved on preparing. All babies are blessings. I almost lost my twins invetro and they were very early, so I'm thrilled with any healthy baby I'm blessed with. Now as I snuggle my 10 day old son I can't imagine a girl. In fact I'm at extreme peace. He's perfect in every way. Hormone make us a little crazy, ok a lot craz , so yes it's normal to morn per say. Just relax and enjoy that miracle growing in you. I pray that you to have peace, and your son is healthy!
MrsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I have always wanted both genders. After 2 girls and a miscarriage, I was sure #3 would be my boy, because we were done. Nope. Girl. I was devastated. I cried hysterically the whole way home. I cried myself to sleep. I cried every morning in the shower for about 3 weeks. I had fantasies they were wrong, and it would be a boy when I delivered. I researched the likelihood of the u/s being wrong at my gestation time. I hoped and prayed and wished. But it was still a girl.

I finally decided I had to let it go. I loved my baby. I did NOT want any resentment towards her after she was born. I focused on how much I loved her, picked out all new bedding in purple and teal butterflies, spent hours working on the perfect name with DH. I decided there would always be a part of me that will be sad I didn't have a boy. But I refused to be sad that THIS baby wasn't a boy, I guess.

mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I have always wanted both genders. After 2 girls and a miscarriage, I was sure #3 would be my boy, because we were done. Nope. Girl. I was devastated. I cried hysterically the whole way home. I cried myself to sleep. I cried every morning in the shower for about 3 weeks. I had fantasies they were wrong, and it would be a boy when I delivered. I researched the likelihood of the u/s being wrong at my gestation time. I hoped and prayed and wished. But it was still a girl.

I finally decided I had to let it go. I loved my baby. I did NOT want any resentment towards her after she was born. I focused on how much I loved her, picked out all new bedding in purple and teal butterflies, spent hours working on the perfect name with DH. I decided there would always be a part of me that will be sad I didn't have a boy. But I refused to be sad that THIS baby wasn't a boy, I guess.

I really like this. thank you. Very well said.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #15
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awe I can relate! I have to beautiful girls right now and I'm longing for a boy. This is going to be our last baby so I decided not to find out what we are having in hopes of not going through disappointment. Because I could totally picture myself cry about it and being sad for a long time! I've been talking myself through this. It is what it is, I can't change it so I will be happy with a healthy baby in my arms at the end of the day!
Hoping you find a way to have peace and acceptance. And then you will get excited. I also I believe in my heart god will give me what is right for me.
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #16
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M'smommy View Post
Awe I can relate! I have to beautiful girls right now and I'm longing for a boy. This is going to be our last baby so I decided not to find out what we are having in hopes of not going through disappointment. Because I could totally picture myself cry about it and being sad for a long time! I've been talking myself through this. It is what it is, I can't change it so I will be happy with a healthy baby in my arms at the end of the day!
Hoping you find a way to have peace and acceptance. And then you will get excited. I also I believe in my heart god will give me what is right for me.
Good for you. No one can be disappointed at delivery! Hope you get the boy you want... but deep down we all know it's His will for us. I just need to get over what my will wants and bend knowing this is a blessing. I think the unexpected pregnancy didn't help things. I really really didn't want to be pregnant or have another one... for a long time.. if ever. It's a hard adjustment to wrap ones mind around.
Thanks for all the kind works ladies.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #17
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I cried at the ultrasound when I found out ODD was a girl. I *really, really* wanted a boy.

It took me a while, but I started to feel better as I got used to the idea.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I had my anatomy US the other day and they couldn't see for sure what baby is. They thought girl but couldn't see clearly due to position. I was kinda bummed since we have two girls already. They are bringing me back in next month to see if they can see the gender then.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #19
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums View Post
I had my anatomy US the other day and they couldn't see for sure what baby is. They thought girl but couldn't see clearly due to position. I was kinda bummed since we have two girls already. They are bringing me back in next month to see if they can see the gender then.
Hope the next us revels boy for you!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1
Hope the next us revels boy for you!
Me too! I'll get over it eventually if it's a girl. It will be bad though. I have 7 brothers and lots of male relatives and my daughters are the only girls I've ever cared for and they drive me batty all day.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote