Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Leigh Ann
Registered Users
seller

Re: the discussion

After #2 DH said we were done. I wasn't so sure. #3 was an "OOPS". I was scared to death to tell DH b/c I know he wasn't going to be happy. It took some getting used to, but we're both happy now. However, DH says he's getting a V now. I'm not at all happy with that.

Advertisement

Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

dh and i started out wanting three, had one and thought that was what we wanted. when dh was deployed i moved home and stayed with my faimly, my son got along with his cousins so well that i decided i wanted another lo. so now i'm prego and we are both thinking about staying with just two, but not 100% sure. (mostly for financal reasons.) but hubby's looking into getting sniped after this one is born so i think we are done. but we talk about it all the time.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #13
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytaylor View Post
Me and DH did when discussing how many we want. He said 2, I said 3. He said "I'll get fixed after 2" (he was being rather argumentative and unhelpful here). I told him I hoped he would love the 3rd one like it was his own.

He wants 3 now.

HAHA...guess I'll have to tell MY DH that! He's pretty well set on 2! I told him I wanted 4, 3 at least! He told me to find someone else to marry (all this before we were married) LOL...now we think MAYBE one more...but I dunno...I think I'm getting content!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #14
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Dh said 1, I said 2. Baby #2 was a shock, I found out I was pg when #1 was 3mos old. Dh was adamant, no more. When #2 was around 2yrs I started begging for one more, and he caved. Now after #3 he says absolutely NO MORE though I would secretly like to have another in a few yrs!! He's planning on a V soon, though.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted 4, dh wanted 2...we are on #3. I think we are both pretty okay with 3 though. I have logistical issues with only 3 (odd numbers bug me), but I feel 3 will be good now. Dh is going to get a 'v' after this baby is born. They 'can' be reversed and sometimes fail so I will be leaving it COMPLETELY in 'someone else's hands'...ya know?

I am looking forward to just watching my kids grow up and moving on the 'next' stage...
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They 'can' be reversed and sometimes fail so I will be leaving it COMPLETELY in 'someone else's hands'...ya know?
That happened to friends of mine. His v reversed itself.

DH and I are in agreement on this. We both LOVE kids but I am not the happiest pg lady on the block. It's not the worst but I don't love it either, just the end result.

So after this one, we are DONE having bio-kids. However, we both would love to adopt more. DH's work offers help to families who want to adopt, which I think is totally awesome!

Last edited by spacecat1974; 05-30-2007 at 03:14 PM.
spacecat1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=mommytaylor;1184177]Me and DH did when discussing how many we want. He said 2, I said 3. He said "I'll get fixed after 2" (he was being rather argumentative and unhelpful here). I told him I hoped he would love the 3rd one like it was his own.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs Mama! Maybe let it rest a while and he will change his mind. Crossing my fingers for you!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After DS1 was born dh said he was done. We had two kids, one of each and that was good enough for him. I wanted more, so I told him that was fine but I was leaving the birth control up to him. Obviously he wasn't very good about condoms as we now have three. I got my tubes tied when ds2 was born and now I wish I hadn't. I want one more. We've talked about adoption but having seen some friends go through that, it seems it would be cheaper and less stressful to get reversed. We might foster-adopt later once we are settled but for now I'm hoping that I'm in the "lucky" .01 percent who fail.

Off topic- Akrab, I noticied that you are expecting a Journey, I have yet to meet another Journey. Is your Journey a boy or a girl?
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinmom View Post
Off topic- Akrab, I noticied that you are expecting a Journey, I have yet to meet another Journey. Is your Journey a boy or a girl?
do you have a Journey? boy or girl? I don't know anyone with a Journey It is going to be a unisex name as we dont know the sex yet.... we are thinking Journey Layne for a girl and Journey Landon for a boy....