Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

Help Vaccine problems Update

I almost choose not to vacinate my dd when she was a little baby but I did. So we went to the dr to get the yearly vaccine and they gave her an MMR which she had never had before so now she is broke out in welps all over her body. I called the dr and they said bring her in in the am. But I am so scared we just got over an antibotic putting her in the hospital because she is very, very allergic to penisiline (not the correct spelling) now I am just about in tears now because I let her have the shots. I gave her a big dose of benadryl but if it doen't work in the next 30min I am saying the hell with the am and going to the ER. please mamas that don't vac let me in on the scoop.

I took dd to the doctors yesterday and she sent us to the hospital to get treatment. They gave her meds and put her on steriods which I don't like but they said her lungs are weak and she needed them because her breathing isn't what it is supposed to be. We are home now and her doctor declared no more vaxing and if I wanted to we could try alternative vaxing for her. My doctor is very suportive. I though her reaction might be this but wasn't for sure. I am now hoping no permeant damage was done. I am so glad no more vaxing for her.

Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by Lyric; 06-21-2006 at 10:59 AM. Reason: update
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help Vaccine problems

oh no! I don't know about this but I want to give you hugs... I know some mama's will know though so I'm giving this a bump...
Old 06-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mama.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

Sorry Mama! My DS had a bad reaction to the MMR also. He got it about 7 days after the vaccine...he had a high fever, runny nose and he was covered in a rash which looked like tiny pin pricks over his entire body..he was completely covered...he didn't get welts though. When did your DD get the shot? She might even have hives which are more welt like....did she eat something which may cause welts like strawberries or kiwi or something like that? Does she have any food allergies that you know of? Does she have any other symptoms? I was very upset when my DS got sick too because he was soooo miserable!

Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

No new foods or detergents nothing new at all except for the MMR shot. What is scaring me is that she is having the same reaction that she had with the antibotic and the dr said that it was very serious and now I am scared again. She hasn't started having breathing problems like the last time.

Last edited by Lyric; 06-19-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #6
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, does the rash look like measles or mumps (raised, red rash (measles has white spots in middle) that starts on the head and spreads down), and does she have a fever or cold symptom? If not, it must be her body's reaction to the vax...hives are raised and itchy, but not as red.

If you have anything to help boost the immune system, give it to her right away (echinacea, garlic, lemon).

The health food store has homeopathic remedies for all of these. I'll go check my homeopathic book and get back.

I can't believe the doc told you to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by MamaLove; 06-19-2006 at 06:14 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, let this be your big flashing sign that your child cannot tolerate vaccines!!! One reaction like this, and the next reaction could be death. I'm totally serious, it has happened.

now, you have to do something like homeopathic....anything to help her poor body out. The whelps are a sure fire sign that her body is unhappy....try baking soda baths, dead sea salt baths...they will help her detox.

call a homeopathic doctor if there is one in your area...it seems like your dr isnt taking youseriously enough.

i wish i had more answers....you just have to help her body try to get rid of it!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Homeopathic remedies are very specific for each symptom, but these 3 are good for situations dealing with measles or rubella:
Aconite, Belladonna (especially for fever), and Chamomilla.
If you have chamamile tea, take it internally and try a bath of it, too.

Urtica (nettles) oil or herbal tea is the best for rashes caused by allergic reactions.

For hives, good remedies are apis and urtica, and Hyland's makes a combo for hives.

Does she have any other symptoms? and describe the rash more to get more specifics on the best remedy.

Prayers for her immune system to be strong and overcome this reaction quickly.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove
Homeopathic remedies are very specific for each symptom, but these 3 are good for situations dealing with measles or rubella:
Aconite, Belladonna (especially for fever), and Chamomilla.
If you have chamamile tea, take it internally and try a bath of it, too.

Urtica (nettles) oil or herbal tea is the best for rashes caused by allergic reactions.

For hives, good remedies are apis and urtica, and Hyland's makes a combo for hives.

Does she have any other symptoms? and describe the rash more to get more specifics on the best remedy.

Prayers for her immune system to be strong and overcome this reaction quickly.

What book is this? I need a copy!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Homeopathy & Your Child by Lyle W. Morgan. I found it at my health food store! It covers all of the commen childhood diseases that kids are vaxed for and much more like ear infections and injuries. This book got me into the goodness of homeopathy. Another good book is Handbook of Homeopathic Alternatives to Immunizations by Susan Curtis.

While researching vaxes online, I remember seeing remedy kits for kids after getting shots to help the body deal with it. I'm still trying to find that right now.

Last edited by MamaLove; 06-19-2006 at 06:31 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote