Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #11
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you use snap covers? I'd think they'd be plenty hard to remove (i swear they're hard for me some days!). OTW if you use sposies, a snap flip cover over them? I've totally done that.

Advertisement

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #12
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa

I always laugh and cringe when people say this. Cause just because You think they are old enough doesnt mean they are. It was advise like this that cause me all kinds of problems with my oldest and the potty. It took 1.5 years to get him over it and to actually use the potty. Forcing a kid to use the potty only backfires majorly.

Good luck hope the tape works
I didn't suggest forcing anything . Duct taping a diaper sounds a bit like "forcing" to me, which has been suggested in this thread, as has various escape-proof pajamas. And "I" get ragged on for suggesting the forceful option? Wake up.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #13
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa

I always laugh and cringe when people say this. Cause just because You think they are old enough doesnt mean they are. It was advise like this that cause me all kinds of problems with my oldest and the potty. It took 1.5 years to get him over it and to actually use the potty. Forcing a kid to use the potty only backfires majorly.

Good luck hope the tape works
Also, OP said she was at a loss and needs help bad. I was offering another point of view.

"Hope the tape works"
Disgusting.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #14
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Twins peeing in crib. Please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't force them to go on themselves. Get them to potty before nap time. Two is plenty old enough. I would take off my diaper and pee in my crib too in that situation.
They aren't potty trained yet though.

They probably aren't doing it because they have to go the the bathroom, but are trapped in a crib. They are doing it because they learned how, and it's funny...then later they wet on the crib because they have taken their diapers off.

If they were taking off the diapers and peeing intentionally, then they'd be potty trained.

Escape proof clothing is not forcing anything. It's just keeping some sanity in the home. Kids want to take off their clothes, but that doesn't mean they should. They also want to run in a parking lot, but that doesn't mean they should.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
http://www.littlekeepersleeper.com/store/Default.asp Or you can use a diaper pin on the real sleepers, and pin the zipper to the top of the jammies. Carters used to sell the sleepers with a little cover over the zipper. Cut the feet off a sleeper, (one size too big) and turn them around.
This is what we had to do to keep my oldest from painting with poop daily, yuck!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage

They aren't potty trained yet though.

They probably aren't doing it because they have to go the the bathroom, but are trapped in a crib. They are doing it because they learned how, and it's funny...then later they wet on the crib because they have taken their diapers off.

If they were taking off the diapers and peeing intentionally, then they'd be potty trained.

Escape proof clothing is not forcing anything. It's just keeping some sanity in the home. Kids want to take off their clothes, but that doesn't mean they should. They also want to run in a parking lot, but that doesn't mean they should.
Please don't compare duct taping a diaper around a child to keeping them from running in a parking lot. One of them is protecting a child, the other is protecting the precious sheets.

Taking off a diaper to pee intentionally does not equal potty trained. I imagine many mamas wish it was that easy.

Of course they went in the crib, nothing funny about it. Where else could they go? What's the harm in providing them with a potty to try before nap time?

It's not my intention to argue with you. But much of what you said just doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Mom2jandb; 02-06-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #17
622mdc
Registered Users
seller

This thread cracks me up. I could imagine your frustration though! DS has yet to discover how to get his diaper off - I dread the day. I plan to start potty training him this summer in hopes to skip the diaper debacle. Good luck!
622mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #18
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
Also, OP said she was at a loss and needs help bad. I was offering another point of view.

"Hope the tape works"
Disgusting.
What is so disgusting about it.

A small piece of tape over the snaps. Not a big deal.

If they are not potty trained, putting them on the potty before nap isn't going to solve the problem.

They think it is fun to get naked, take their clothes off, then since they are not potty trained they go in the crib. Yes-- I would use a piece of tape to keep a diaper on so I didn't have to deal with pee/poop in the crib.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

You could always try letting them use the potty before nap, there's no force or harm in that but then do one of the other options while they sleep...turning around a footless sleeper seems like it would work, but I also wouldn't be above duct tape if need be. I don't know why it has to be one or the other. Potty training in the beginning is just about trying if they don't want to go or even try then that's ok. We just started putting dd on the potty bc she was taking her diaper off, she didnt go the first million times but always asked to, then she suprised me one day by actually going, that turned into going about half the time and now she's actually letting us know when she has to go on occasion.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #20
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
You could always try letting them use the potty before nap, there's no force or harm in that but then do one of the other options while they sleep...turning around a footless sleeper seems like it would work, but I also wouldn't be above duct tape if need be. I don't know why it has to be one or the other. Potty training in the beginning is just about trying if they don't want to go or even try then that's ok. We just started putting dd on the potty bc she was taking her diaper off, she didnt go the first million times but always asked to, then she suprised me one day by actually going, that turned into going about half the time and now she's actually letting us know when she has to go on occasion.
Thank you. I really didn't see the need to attack to the duct tape until my potty suggestion was accused of "forcing." Because if tape isn't forcing a kid to stay in a diaper, I don't know what is.