Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #21
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twins peeing in crib. Please help!!

wow this turned fast.
dd is NOT potty trained fwiw. she is 19 months and while we do part time EC she isnt there yet. she does however love to escape anything(rooms, her clothes, shoes, tights, etc) shes our houdini. after one night of non stop screaming bc she took all her clothes off and then was cold. (put back on and repeat) i started putting her in houdini jammies. i didnt have footies to turn around backwards and she got out of everything we already had, clothes wise. our situation had nothing to do with pee but a few times she did wake up in the am and take off a poopy diaper (mama, eeew. mama, poop, uh-oh, poop. lol) she knows what the potty is for and she uses is sometimes before bed(its offered) but i still want her diaper and clothes to stay on all night. and im pretty sure thats where OP is. does she want to avoid pee all over theplace, HECK YEAH who doesnt?!?!?!? i know every morning when i get up i will have "x" amount of messes to clean just from dh going to work, the girls going to school and foster puppies. i do not want to add more work for myself first thing in the am. i also dont want to get up every 5 minutes at night bc dd is cold and naked again. i want to sleep at night and in the morning sit and expose my body to high level of caffeine until i wake up

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #22
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow this turned fast.
dd is NOT potty trained fwiw. she is 19 months and while we do part time EC she isnt there yet. she does however love to escape anything(rooms, her clothes, shoes, tights, etc) shes our houdini. after one night of non stop screaming bc she took all her clothes off and then was cold. (put back on and repeat) i started putting her in houdini jammies. i didnt have footies to turn around backwards and she got out of everything we already had, clothes wise. our situation had nothing to do with pee but a few times she did wake up in the am and take off a poopy diaper (mama, eeew. mama, poop, uh-oh, poop. lol) she knows what the potty is for and she uses is sometimes before bed(its offered) but i still want her diaper and clothes to stay on all night. and im pretty sure thats where OP is. does she want to avoid pee all over theplace, HECK YEAH who doesnt?!?!?!? i know every morning when i get up i will have "x" amount of messes to clean just from dh going to work, the girls going to school and foster puppies. i do not want to add more work for myself first thing in the am. i also dont want to get up every 5 minutes at night bc dd is cold and naked again. i want to sleep at night and in the morning sit and expose my body to high level of caffeine until i wake up
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I like the potty before nap idea in particular for you daughter as you said you think she might be ready for potty training. My only issues with turning the jammies is 1 one twin can easily undo it for the other twin and 2 the neck line is high. I think backwards it would be uncomfortably high. I think for that the duct tape would be the best option so far. My 2 year old can easily undo snaps.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #24
Ola_
Registered Users

My DD did this too, right around that age actually. Shortly after she figured out how to climb out of her crib so we had to remove one of the sides. At least then she would usually come running to me to show me she was naked cause she was so proud of herself. Sigh... Though there was the time she went to the kitchen instead and pooped on the floor, that taught me to wake up quickly when I hear a noise!

Anyway she grew out of it eventually. And now it's useful because we're PTing and she can take off her own diaper (snap pockets) to go potty.

Have you tried something as simple as a backwards snap diaper cover? Or even a pocket shell? DD has a harder time with the BG snaps, I think because they are closer together so you need more force.

Good luck!
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #25
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
Please don't compare duct taping a diaper around a child to keeping them from running in a parking lot. One of them is protecting a child, the other is protecting the precious sheets.

I wasn't comparing duct taping to running in the parking lot. I was comparing Child WANTS to take her diaper off/ to child WANTS to run in the parking lot.

The child's wants are not always accommodated. In the situation of two kids both undressing and then wetting the bed, it's not the precious sheets. It's getting two kids out of a wet cold bed, and then undoing sheets for two cribs (which is an aerobic exercise it'self) washing those sheets, and putting them back on again. Plus blankets, jammies, etc.

In this case, what the kid wants is not as important as the Mom's needs for less work. We can't always go to such length for our kids, even when we want to.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Personally I would try to potty train but that's just what we've done with our boys when they started taking off there diaper. They've all potty trained between 18 months and before 2. At night for back up protection from the diaper rip off. We did a onesie and then pjs. They could never take off the onesie for some reason where the diaper was easy.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
dvansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
http://www.littlekeepersleeper.com/store/Default.asp

Or you can use a diaper pin on the real sleepers, and pin the zipper to the top of the jammies. Carters used to sell the sleepers with a little cover over the zipper.

Cut the feet off a sleeper, (one size too big) and turn them around.
Love the idea of a diaper pin!
Holly-mama to Donovan 6
dvansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #28
dvansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
I always laugh and cringe when people say this. Cause just because You think they are old enough doesnt mean they are. It was advise like this that cause me all kinds of problems with my oldest and the potty. It took 1.5 years to get him over it and to actually use the potty. Forcing a kid to use the potty only backfires majorly.

Good luck hope the tape works
I'm just now coming back to this post. I do agree that my girl twin is close to wanting to potty train but not totally ready.
Thank you for the constructive advice
Holly-mama to Donovan 6
Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
dvansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boy twin has shown no signs in wanting to potty train. My oldest was 3 before he was potty trained. Julia does get to sit on the potty anytime she wants. Of course nothing comes out yet. But I do encourage it. So far I have been taping just across the tabs on the diaper. A lot of times I would find a dry diaper on the floor and she had popped and peed in the crib.
I'm just trying to cut down on the extra mess.
Holly-mama to Donovan 6
Old 02-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #30
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvansmom View Post
Love the idea of a diaper pin!
Just be careful. I tried the diaper pin on my 17 month old DS to try to keep him from taking off his zip up sleep blanket (was trying to discourage him from climbing out of his crib) and he pulled hard enough that it bent the pin and it came off!!! Fortunately he didn't get hurt, but I never tried that again!