Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Going Home/final update for a while/ thank you :)

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the mommas on here who have commented and messaged me with support throughout our journey. You will all here when we found out our little boy was actually our little boy AND our little girl at 29 weeks, after our baby budget had been spent already. You helped me transform my diaper stash at the last minute and I was able to finish it literally the day before our babies arrived! My babies will come home to enough diapers and our budget remains in tact, thank you so much for the help. A couple sweet mommas even mailed me baby girl outfits for Mabry so she would not have only boy clothes. I cannot even express the thankfulness I have for the love and support we have received

I am going to try to do a quick update without rambling too much. Both twins are doing well. They were born at 34 weeks (though the doctor thinks they look older?). Benning Lewis was 5lbs 8 ounces and Mabry Bliss was 5 lbs 4 ounces. And even though they are B/G twins, they looks sooo much a like and even have matching birth marks on their shoulders! Both babies had tongue ties clipped at 4 days old thanks to the knowledge of our lactation consultant; after the clipping their nursing time was cut in half my soreness subsided. I was worried about the procedure, but I am so glad we had it done. So far they are happy, sweet babies with cries like little kittens. They are simply pure sweetness and I cannot imagine life without them. I am so thankful for God's gift to us.

Some of you may remember me posting about my weight-gain issues during pregnancy.This is my first pregnancy so I do not know if my trouble gaining had to do with me carrying twins, or if this is just how my body reacts to pregnancy. But I will say that I have never had trouble gaining weight before and I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle and still stayed at 150lbs at 5 foot 4 and a size 8. As of this morning I weigh a whopping 115lbs... which is less than I weighed in HS and I feel pretty scrawny, BUT my babies are HEALTHY, so I do not care. My mom will be going shopping for me soon, but for now I will just wear my nursing pjs all day and night The doctor thinks that with a healthy diet I will gain back some of the weight once the twins wean. My appetite is back up, and I can already tell that my body is working very hard to feed these babies! My mom and MIL are at the house doing some last minute cleaning and organizing for us. I cannot wait for my babies to meet our furrbabies!

I do not expect to have much time to be on my computer once we get home. The hospital nurses have been so kind and helpful, so I am a little nervous to go home and do it all on our own! I wrote out a detailed birth story on paper but have not had time to type it, but I will someday... when they sleep longer than 2 hours at a time. Oh and the hospital gave me a huge care package for preemie mothers. It had clothes for both babies, lots of little goodies and even baby slings so I can wear both babies!!!

Thank you so much, and once again sorry but I cannot find out how to post photos I think I have used up my storage space and cannot find out how to delete some. When I find our how you will have pic overload. Mabry needs to eat so I have to go! Thanks again and I love you all!!!

Advertisement

MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Going Home/final update for a while/ thank you :)

Your welcome!!! So glad to hear this wonderful update, if you need more diapers in the future, please LMK Congratulations again
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations again sweetie
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
heatherz1982
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww congratulations mama! I worry about gaining too much weight, I guess its normal we all just want whats best for our families. And you have TWO healthy babies now, so guess your body did exactly what it needed to. I love the name Mabry, its different but really pretty. Enjoy your LO's, the newborn stage is so amazing and sweet
heatherz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote