Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Best bottle

YDD would only ever take Tommy Tippee, and then only reluctantly.

Rebecca, married to J (2007), DD1 Anna (11/09) and DD2 Ada born at home 7/12 DS Henry born at home 3/14
BirthdayMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #12
Registered Users
My son takes the Avent bottle but also reluctantly.
dlovelydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #13
Registered Users

3 1/2 years ago, DD used the Medela ones fine then I switched over to Tommee Tippee since i was BF and TT was new and supposedly similar to breastshape. I had no problem feeding her with that bottle but MIL and DH said they had a hard time getting her to feed. So i switched over to Born Free (there were times she would spit up a lot so i wanted to minimize amount of air she swallowed) but DH loathed washing that bottle and all the parts. So for this baby I am going to try the Kiinde system. I also got 2 free Nuk bottles from registry and OB's office and it has a "hole" vent in the nipple so not as many parts as Born Free. haven't tested it out so I have no reviews on the newer ones.
thelilprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
DD would ONLY take the Gerber cheapies, and we tried everything!
+ + +
DottieHarley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
Registered Users

Do have problems with these leaking I just bought a bunch of them and they leak out the bottom. I checked all the pieces and was very careful when putting them back together and I'm still having the problem
ana3621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #16
Registered Users

Tommee tippee and avent naturals are all my DD would take when she was refusing bottles. I actually had to hold her, rock her, and have a loud white noise machine going just to settle her down enough to take it. I know a lot of people say they won't take from mom, but I have also heard if they only associate feedings with mom that you should try. GL. It can be so frustrating but they will take it eventually if you keep trying
angbat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
Registered Users
At support group we tell people whichever one your baby will take. I know not helpful. We do suggest putting a request out among friends (such as facebook) seeing if anyone has a bottle you can borrow and try without spending a lot of money. In general we suggest wide mouth bottles/nipples that require a wide open latch and the slowest flow nipple.
Tiffany Wife to Charlie(5/31/03) Proud Mommy to Maylee(11/19/07) and Aven(10/27/10) Cautiously expecting our Rainbow in March
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #18
Registered Users
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
When my LO started refusing a bottle she had previously taken, a faster flow nipple solved the problem for all 3 girls. We use Tommee Tippee.
Yes, if you have a faster let down (I did) the faster flow could help.

We had a big struggle getting mine to take a bottle. The intermittent bottle by mom approach really helped us ultimately. We tried a bunch of nipples, but that wasn't the problem, really. I just switched back and forth from bottle to breast really casually during feedings. Sheet about 3 days straight of this, she took some at the dcp and then over the next week it got to where there was no fuss.
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #19
Registered Users
Playtex drop ins with the brown silicone nipple.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
Registered Users
Try a faster flowing nipple, my lo did the same thing til we switched to a faster flow.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -A. Einstein
Jomama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote