Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you've had a miscarriage.... UPDATE

How did it start off? I have had spotting for 2 days, which yesterday turned into reddish bleeding, but it's still very light.

How long did it take for things to progress to heavier bleeding and actually passing the tissue etc.?

UPDATE

Well last night i had a bit of pressure, thought i needed to poo so sat on the toilet. I had bled lightly for two days but not really passed anything other than small globs of tissue. No poo, so I decided to have a warm bath. I got out of the bath and all of a sudden i just started gushing blood. I had to sit on the toilet and it was kinda pouring out for about 10 minutes, along with some clots etc. DH freaked out but by the time he had got the phone and figured out what to do it seemed to be slowing down, so i said to wait. My mom came over just in case we needed to go to hospital and she stayed the night. The heavy bleeding continued for about 3 hours with passing large clots etc but i felt fine so we just stayed home, i sat on the couch for a lot of it. I didn't have any pain and very light cramping but i took ibuprofen so i guess that helped. I went to bed and didn't bleed much overnight, this morning it is back to what i'd call light bleeding. I called the hospital Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit this morning and they said i might get waves of heavy bleeding on and off for a week, and just to come in if I was concerned about anything. They took all my details and are going to check in with me in a week. They also said that if I am still bleeding in two weeks they will give me a scan to see what has happened and if i need further medical intervention. I am feeling kind of relieved that I may be able to avoid a D and C at this point, but we'll see. Unfortunately while i was sitting on the couch gushing into a pad i got an email from my sister to say she is 11 weeks along. We would have been a week apart :-( She had no idea I was pregnant of course but I am feeling quite sad about that today.

Advertisement

Last edited by jeebee; 02-12-2014 at 05:17 PM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Everyone mc differently. And every mc is different.

For me:
Mc #1...gushes of blood off and in for 3 weeks. Saw babies hb three different times on ultrasounds.

Mc#2...gushes of blood and tissue for one day.

Mc #3...bleed for a day. Then a week later felt a pop and gush of blood and cramping. I bled so much so quickly I almost passed out at the grocery store. I did have to go to the hospital and have emergency surgery to stop the bleeding.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do want to add that you can have bleeding and still be fine.

My last pregnancy I had cramping and a gush of blood. Bled for two days. Well that little scare is now sleeping next to me.

Take it easy and try not to stress too much.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you've had a miscarriage....

Thank you. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

I already know that I have miscarried. I'm 12 weeks and I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum/ early pregnancy failure. I am booked into hospital next week for a d/c or medical management but my doctor and i are hoping it happens naturally before then. So I guess I am just wondering if there is hope that things will pick up on their own.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh in that case.

My second and third mc was natural.

My first one baby had died and I had already been through so much the three weeks prior I just wanted it over so opted for the d&c

Are they going to do more blood tests to check your level?
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Oh in that case.

My second and third mc was natural.

My first one baby had died and I had already been through so much the three weeks prior I just wanted it over so opted for the d&c

Are they going to do more blood tests to check your level?
No but I have an ultrasound tomorrow, my doctor wanted to see where the bleeding was coming from, as I was only spotting when I went for my appt. I had my first U/S at 8 weeks which showed a possible BO, went for the followup at 10 weeks which confirmed no change but the sac had grown some. Bloodwork showed my hcg was starting to drop but still very high (150,000 at 8 weeks, down to 140,000 2 days later) so we figured it might be a bit of a wait, but she and I were both comfortable with me waiting to see if my body could do it on it's own). I don't really know what the ultrasound will show, it seemed she is hoping it shows blood pooling and my body getting ready to miscarry. I am bleeding heavier now though so I am sure that is what the spotting was, I may just cancel my ultrasound, since i think they will do another one next week when i get my assessment done to determine how we'll handle it.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I am sorry to hear about your losses. This is my first miscarriage after 3 healthy pregnancies but I know I never ever want to go through this again.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry to hear. I've had one, and it started with spotting, then light cramping, then bleeding for a few days, but I opted for a D&C because I just wanted it to be over emotionally. They said it could take up to a couple of weeks, and I just didn't have it in me. The procedure was not that bad, it was fast. I have had two healthy babies since. Best wishes to you.

www.clothisgreen.com
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #9
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilyme View Post
I'm sorry to hear. I've had one, and it started with spotting, then light cramping, then bleeding for a few days, but I opted for a D&C because I just wanted it to be over emotionally. They said it could take up to a couple of weeks, and I just didn't have it in me. The procedure was not that bad, it was fast. I have had two healthy babies since. Best wishes to you.
Thank you. I am trying to avoid surgery, but I did put a deadline on it, if not done in a week I will be going to hospital and I think opting for D and C at this point rather than medical, although i will decide depending on what the assessment shows on the day. If I have passed some of it naturally then i might see if the cytotec helps to finish it off before going for the d and c. I'd also love for it to be over and I am glad I know that no matter what by the end of next week i can hopefully put this all behind me.

Last edited by jeebee; 02-12-2014 at 12:58 AM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #10
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one at 12 weeks, but at 7 weeks baby was fine and healthy, not sure what happened after that, but mine started with my water braking and then extreme bleeding and clots with contractions with in 30 minutes of that. I am so so sorry. I had also had three healthy babies before that. The shock and emotions are horrible.