Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

Worth it to repair or just replace?

I have a bunch of flips that have really bad elastic and aplix...after using for almost 2 years. Is it worth it to have the elastics and Velcro replaced (I am not handy like that), or should I just buy new ones?

Advertisement

clnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Worth it to repair or just replace?

aplix flips are being discontinued. Unless you can get what you need in the clearance you might have to repair. I would check what clearance prices are. I have no idea how much it would cost to ship to someone, ship back, and pay for the repair and supplies but it seems like it should be costly.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I do know that too. I've been stocking up for dd (due in 3 months) cause we are addicted to the aplix flips and I don't want my husband to complain about something different. I've been getting girly ones off fsot here and cotton babies seconds sales, but I don't want to wear those out on ds before dd even gets here...:/
clnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends on your budget. If things aren't too tight, I'd just buy replacements ASAP and bail on the others. I hate messing with things like elastic, and you have to question how much life is left in the rest of the cover. If you can afford it, you'll get more years out of new covers.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
mrsyunyun
Registered Users

I would try to find a local tailor who can replace the elastic and hook and loop. They have to use a ballpoint needle to sew PUL, so make sure they know that.
mrsyunyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would find someone local to do it and only if were cheap enough.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been poking around looking for aplix Flip clearance and the color selection is getting bad. The aplix will be a tougher replacement than the elastic. If you know anyone who can sew, maybe you can do all the prep work, then just ask for the sewing portion. Do you have a sewing machine? Make sure you use polyester thread and a ballpoint needle.