Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #31
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Whoaaa!

I would think that amount of citric acid in Cascade would basically cause the elastic in your diapers to deteriorate right away.

I have heard of people who stripped their diapers with it and actually put them into the dishwasher, too. I've always thought that was a crazy fire hazard, plus... Eww... That's where you put dishes that you eat off of. ( not that I don't use prefolds on my lap when I want to eat dinner in front of the TV, but still...)

Your child's butt can tolerate a little biofilm of bacteria s lot easier than chemical burns.

Advertisement

kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #32
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Whoaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums View Post
I never heard of that but it doesn't surprise me. I do remember using fish tank ammonia drops being a thing.

& Sports/Camping wash.
I remember the sports wash craze! I did a search for "lemishine", which is a dish detergent and found a bunch of old threads from '11. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ight=Lemishine

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ight=Lemishine

It was being used as a sub for RLR same as cascade. I guess everything old is new again.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:59 AM   #33
Jumbo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst
I would think that amount of citric acid in Cascade would basically cause the elastic in your diapers to deteriorate right away. I have heard of people who stripped their diapers with it and actually put them into the dishwasher, too. I've always thought that was a crazy fire hazard, plus... Eww... That's where you put dishes that you eat off of. ( not that I don't use prefolds on my lap when I want to eat dinner in front of the TV, but still...) Your child's butt can tolerate a little biofilm of bacteria s lot easier than chemical burns.
This.

Even if cascade and rlr have some chemicals in common, there are other ones that aren't and weren't chosen for their ability to rinse clean from fabric. Dawn I'm not fussed about, I'm up to my elbows in it on a daily basis because it's meant for hand washing. No chemical burns from it so far obviously. I'm just extremely reluctant to use anything that isn't for laundry for washing diapers especially since I hand wash a lot. If I don't want to reach into a bucket of it, I don't want it on my kid either.
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:04 AM   #34
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieandtheboys
Fill tub with hot water. Run cap or two of cascade ( liquid works best) turn on jets. Our home inspector told us to do that when we bought our house. Gets all the gunk out and doesn't suds.
Ty!!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote