Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
rmy82
Registered Users

Annoyed by family "hoping" for a boy...

Let me start this by clearly stating that everyone will be very happy with a Girl or Boy, but it's starting to get old hearing people keep saying "I bet you hope this one is a boy!" Im writing this mostly to vent I think the hormones are really starting to get to me at this point in my pregnancy (I'm 34wks)
I have a two year old daughter and so naturally people think that we must be hoping for a boy (we didn't want to find out the gender just like our first) I know it's a pretty natural and common assumption to make, but for some reason it's really starting to irritate me… I admit it would be nice to have a boy and a girl (we think two kids sounds like a good number) but neither of us will be disappointed either way ( Honestly!!). From the beginning of this pregnancy some family members have made comments like "we all hope this one's a boy" or "I'm sure you're hoping for a boy?" And the comments keep continuing!
Has anyone else out there found themselves very annoyed by all this Gender "hoping" nonsense!? I feel like saying "It's our baby not your new pet!" It's just been getting ridiculous! I'm sure hormones are playing there share in my increasing annoyance, but I needed to vent a bit some place where pregnancy was still fresh on the brain

Advertisement

rmy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That has always driven me crazy. To the point I'm glad I don't have a boy so everyone can't favor him because he's a boy. I always want to say "well what's wrong with my girls??" That being said I'd be happy with either a boy or girl if I have another. It just seems like everyone around here tends to put so much emphasis on having a boy

Last edited by Art mama; 02-15-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Re: Annoyed by family "hoping" for a boy...

We've had a few of those comments too, in fact my grandmother was very obviously disappointed and asked if there could be a mistake when I told her we are having a girl. I love her anyway, my grandmother is a saint. I think some people just don't realize how hurtful it comes across.

Either gender is fine, we just want a happy healthy baby! For us, there will likely be no next baby, no chance for a boy, it's just not a problem whatsoever.

You're not alone!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's human nature to 'want' and 'wish' and 'hope'. And also to be annoyed. Your baby will be beautiful and perfect, and whatever gender, all of that wanting, wishing, hoping, and annoyance will be gone on Birthday! : )
Old 02-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

We had that when I was pregnant with our third. We had 2 boys and absolutely EVERYONE said that kind of stuff about having a girl. It made me so angry. We seriously debated not telling anyone when we found out that she was I n fact a girl. It only got worse after though. :/ we still get the "oh you finally got your girl!" Comments. Drives me up a wall.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

I make comments about how we're hoping for a baby human, not a kitten or a puppy. Stole that idea from here, can't take credit for it. Seems to work so far.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
SybilP
Registered Users

Same situation here. We have 2 girls and are pregnant with our 3rd, and last, baby, who is also a girl. People who know our situation and know this is our last are always like, "Oh, well that's ok," like our baby girl is just so-so because she's not a boy. I grew up in a family of all girls- I have 6 sisters- and I LOVE it. I'm thrilled my girls get to grow up with 2 other built in best friends. I don't care for myself, but I never want my girls to think that we're disappointed that we didn't have a boy.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

We had a boy first and the second one we would have loved another boy. I am here to warn the comments won't end of you do have a boy. I despise when I hear people say "oh you have one if each. That's so nice and perfect. Now all your dreams are fulfilled and you can stop having kids, right?"
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
We had a boy first and the second one we would have loved another boy. I am here to warn the comments won't end of you do have a boy. I despise when I hear people say "oh you have one if each. That's so nice and perfect. Now all your dreams are fulfilled and you can stop having kids, right?"
So true! When we told people we were pregnant with three. They said "oh but you already have your boy and girl". Then when we said baby was a boy "oh that's great for dd since she's in the middle"
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
Lmama
Registered Users
seller

My in-laws were shamelessly hoping for a girl and we had a (perfect!) boy. When we told them it was a boy, they were visibly disappointed. Kinda hurt my feelings. BUT I cannot imagine them loving this little boy anymore than they do now!

Before I had a baby, I made those assumptions too... Now that I have a little boy I know that I would love another one! I'll have to remember my past naïveté when those comments annoy me later on.
Lmama is offline   Reply With Quote