Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #11
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Annoyed by family "hoping" for a boy...

I've been there! My first was a girl. I of course was over the moon! We decided to keep our second a surprise. Everyone was hoping for a boy. Except for me, I wanted another girl. And she was! Then we conceived our 3rd. Everyone, and I mean everyone made it clear that it had better be a boy. We found out it was another girl and EVERYONE had an opinion about it. It drove me crazy. I recieved condolences from all but 2 people. I swear! Even strangers had an opinion.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been there too! We have three girls each time with a 18month difference so my hormones have been "on" during 3-4 consecutive years between nursing and being pregnant. And when I was pregnant with DD2 and DD3 they all said "u r hoping for a boy, right?"
Now we want a fourth baby and they all say the same - u r trying for a boy this time, right?
NO! We will not be trying or hoping for any specific gender! We love healthy babies and I will be more than super happy to have a fourth girl.

I know it's hard, just ignore them.
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #13
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have four boys and we are expecting baby #5. This is our last baby regardless of its gender. If I have to hear one more thing about oh I hope its a girl or you must really want a girl etc I may punch someone.
What happened to people hoping you had a health baby no matter what the gender.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #14
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get it too. 36 weeks with child 3, and I have 2 girls currently...

MIL is the worst (and she lives with us). She's concerned that her nephew (who is 5 mind you) needs someone to play with. Because he's really going to want to play with a newborn, and not my 3.5 year old who adores him but happens to have been born with female genitalia.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #15
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

I have two girls and I'm 38 weeks and green with our third. I'm ready to start hitting people when they make gender comments
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #16
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think people are just trying to be nice and connect with you somehow. I'll be honest, I have two boys and while I was happy either way I REALLY wanted a girl. I think more people feel like that then the way you feel so they are just trying to be sympathetic. This third baby will be our last and I will be devastated if it is another boy. Will I love him any less, absolutely not. But I will always wish I was able to have a girl. Not wish that my little boy was a girl.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:41 AM   #17
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
We had a boy first and the second one we would have loved another boy. I am here to warn the comments won't end of you do have a boy. I despise when I hear people say "oh you have one if each. That's so nice and perfect. Now all your dreams are fulfilled and you can stop having kids, right?"
Yes. This kind of comment annoys me the most.

I had a girl, then a boy, so apparently we should have quit way back then. Having a third was moderately acceptable since most families have 2 or 3 kids.

However, going #4 and beyond we get a lot of, "You know what causes that, right?"

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #18
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We got that too. We had the girl and then we didn't find out the gender so EVERYONE had their input about why our second was a boy or needed to be a boy. They even had me convinced half the time. But out she came a perfect little girl!

For some reason when people see a pregnant woman their logic and their filter goes away. Since becoming a mom I've really watched what I say to pregnant moms because of how annoyed I got at the comments during my pregnancies. People just don't think!

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 02-16-2014 at 06:26 AM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #19
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

All of my husbands family was hoping we would have a boy so the family name would "live on" which made me super pissed because we HAVE a boy (he's adopted so apparently they don't count that as the name living on). I was super glad to find out I was having a girl just to spite them.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #20
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
We had a boy first and the second one we would have loved another boy. I am here to warn the comments won't end of you do have a boy. I despise when I hear people say "oh you have one if each. That's so nice and perfect. Now all your dreams are fulfilled and you can stop having kids, right?"
Yes to this...because you "won the lottery" and have one of each there is no reason to have another child. This drove me insane when I was pregnant with ds. Everyone assumed we were done after him and we even got "time for the vasectomy" jokes. It's just hurtful. My family wasn't perfect for me until dd2 arrived.