Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #21
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80
I make comments about how we're hoping for a baby human, not a kitten or a puppy. Stole that idea from here, can't take credit for it. Seems to work so far.
This is good

It is so annoying, but I got over it fast. People don't get it. They lose their filter when they see the baby belly.

When I was pregnant the second time with DS1, I got the whole "one of each and done". I had my girl, I was having my boy. I would laugh at them and just say "no, not really done yet! But thanks!"

This time around, because I have a girl and two boys, everyone assumed I MUST want another girl...nope, not really! I love my daughter, but I can't handle another one Then when we found out it was another boy, it turned into "well, you've got to have one more so you can have another girl." DH's nana says to tell them "Sure I'll have another...if you agree to put them through college!"

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #22
Lmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeans
All of my husbands family was hoping we would have a boy so the family name would "live on" which made me super pissed because we HAVE a boy (he's adopted so apparently they don't count that as the name living on). I was super glad to find out I was having a girl just to spite them.
Wow. I think I would be glad to have a girl too!
Lmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh I hear you!! We have two girls and I'm newly pregnant with number 3. We hear "I bet your husband is hoping for a boy" and "maybe you'll finally get a boy." All the time. It's annoying and I'm so glad my girls are too little to understand.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #24
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Re: Annoyed by family "hoping" for a boy...

After having 4 girls, I got this a lot with my 5th pregnancy. I did not hope for a boy and that was never our goal. The childish part of me is sort of annoyed by all the people who are so relieved/happy for us because we "finally had our boy" like all the girls before him were just failed attempts at having a boy.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBurrows
After having 4 girls, I got this a lot with my 5th pregnancy. I did not hope for a boy and that was never our goal. The childish part of me is sort of annoyed by all the people who are so relieved/happy for us because we "finally had our boy" like all the girls before him were just failed attempts at having a boy.
You said that so perfectly - I know I will feel exactly like that if/when (hopefully!!) I will be pregnant with our #4 after 3 girls.
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #26
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Where do you guys find all these crazy people? I did have some ask with each of my children what I wanted but all were satisfied with an I don't really care response. No one badgered or hounded me about gender. Well except for one of my sisters in law. But for her it was just that we hadn't bothered with a full girl's name when pregnant with ds1. She felt we should be properly prepared either way. I was convinced we were having a boy despite no ultrasound confirmation so saw no need to decide on a girl name. She wasn't terribly impressed with my intuition.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 02-17-2014 at 10:18 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #27
trinflin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Glad I'm not the only one. My husband is the last male, so when were pregnant with #1 the pressure to have a boy was on!! Everyone was sure we would have to have a booy, we did so that shut them up. Now we are pregnant with #2 and plan on this being it and team GREEN. I work with a lot of senior citizens and they ALL go on and on about how I'm hoping for a girl this time, I hope you get your girl etc, etc. Um I love my child regardless of gender. Having a specific gender doesn't guarantee anything. My daughter could refuse to wear pink and want a sex change and play football. My son could be gay and cry when he breaks a nail. I just want a healthy preferably happy baby
trinflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #28
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, that's my other (less sarcastic) response when asked if it's going to be a boy or a girl - "Happy and healthy is what we're hoping for."
twood80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #29
dani_p
Registered Users

This drives me crazy! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and we have a two-year old girl. In a fit of pregnancy rage, I actually said, "Does it really fracking matter if my baby has a penis?!?" to a cashier at Home Depot. It was the very first thing out of her mouth and I had had ENOUGH... Whoops... Sorry random stranger!
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #30
mommyto3sweeties
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have two boys, a girl, and another girl on the way. The comments that bothered me when I was pregnant with my first daughter were the ones where people said we "needed" a girl. Now I've gotten several people, strangers included, who have asked if this pregnancy was an accident. I suppose because there will be a 6-year space between my youngest and this baby? Or because it's number four? I'm not sure, but I think that question is inappropriate and it really bothers me. We wanted this baby, and all the others, boy or girl.
mommyto3sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote