Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Re: Annoyed by family "hoping" for a boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3sweeties View Post
I have two boys, a girl, and another girl on the way. The comments that bothered me when I was pregnant with my first daughter were the ones where people said we "needed" a girl. Now I've gotten several people, strangers included, who have asked if this pregnancy was an accident. I suppose because there will be a 6-year space between my youngest and this baby? Or because it's number four? I'm not sure, but I think that question is inappropriate and it really bothers me. We wanted this baby, and all the others, boy or girl.
oh yeah thats lots of fun when people ask if your kid is an accident or planned. what does it matter and how incredibly rude does someone have to be to say something like that. is that how we judge the worth of a child these days.

Advertisement

cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #32
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We actually had the reception lady at the gym ask us if ds1 was planned. We were 23 and married. Not 16 and pregnant.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #33
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie169 View Post
We had that when I was pregnant with our third. We had 2 boys and absolutely EVERYONE said that kind of stuff about having a girl. It made me so angry. We seriously debated not telling anyone when we found out that she was I n fact a girl. It only got worse after though. :/ we still get the "oh you finally got your girl!" Comments. Drives me up a wall.
This exactly.

We didn't find out before hand what #3 was. We had two boys. I was so sick of

"oh bet you want a girl"
"hope this one is a girl"
"if this one is a girl you are done right"

And then after she was a girl and born I still get comments
"oh you finally got your girl"
"how nice a girl, you are done now right"
Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #34
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not looking forward to this if we are blessed with #4. I had so many asking with #3 if I was hoping for a girl, "No, not really!" always sort of made them quiet because they didn't know what to say after that. I had one lady at church say, "Oh, I'm sorry!" as if someone died when I told her that #3 was going to be a boy. All I said was, "I'm not!" and smiled really big.

I try not to be too hard on people, I think most just want to make conversation, but geez louise!

I am really not attached to the idea of having a girl at all; I would be happy with all boys. The other thing is that I feel sort of silly, but if we do have a girl, I want to have one more after that so that people don't think I was just trying to get a girl the whole time. Is that ridiculous?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #35
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just found out that #4 is ANOTHER boy. At this point it moved from hope to "IT'S JUST GOT TO BE A GIRL". Well, nope it didn't. I've set more then one person strait and shut them up. It is extremely stupid and upsetting.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #36
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post

I am really not attached to the idea of having a girl at all; I would be happy with all boys. The other thing is that I feel sort of silly, but if we do have a girl, I want to have one more after that so that people don't think I was just trying to get a girl the whole time. Is that ridiculous?
Nope not ridiculous. I long for a daughter and for sons, we have 3 boys and gender unknown number 4 is cooking. We don't plan to limit our number of children but if we get a girl and then no more I would be disappointed because of the comments from others.

I just like babies lol. All babies.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #37
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post

I'm the same way with my girls. I have been very happy with 4 girls. So has my husband despite the mountains of pity that have been poured upon him.

However I hate, hate, hate pregnancy so much that I was done at 4, and we ended up getting pregnant unexpectedly shortly before DH got his vasectomy. We went ahead with it even though I was already pregnant. So we are 100% done, and I feel irked knowing so many people will believe this is our last because "we finally got our boy!".

But it is what it is. I adore my new baby. But I cringe every time someone congratulates me like I finally won my prize.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #38
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know gender hopes and preferences are natural for parents to have but I just can't relate because I honestly never have had one. We also got these same comments with our #2 because #1 was a boy and everyone thought we must want a girl. I was also team green for both because it just didn't matter to me.

I always wonder why people bother finding out early if they have a strong preference because if they just wait until the baby is born, IMO they won't care!

The kids I have who turned out to be one of each are exactly the kids I was meant to have. Im pregnant w/ #3 now and am finding out the gender this time but again have no preference congrats to you!!!! Hope your family learns to stop talking about it.

Last edited by justineybean; 02-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #39
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

So annoying! We have two boys... I think my dad was the most disappointed we didn't have a girl. I asked if he was happy with another grandson, he said "but wouldn't it be nice to have one of each?" Ummm no. I'm perfectly happy with my family of guys

We didn't find out the gender until the birth, so I think people were more inclined to asked what we "hoped" for

Last edited by srw.mutter; 02-23-2014 at 05:25 AM.
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #40
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are getting this also - especially from my students and co-workers. We have three beautiful daughters and already know what #4 is, but we are only sharing with close adult family members. We really were just looking forward to having a healthy baby, but now I'm dreading hearing all of the "I knew it was a ____________" that we are bound to get when the little one is born in May.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote