Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by tjs77tsa
I agree with this it is a nightmare to get them to sleep alone.
I think it CAN be difficult to get kids to sleep alone. I know. I have a 5yo and 2yo currently co-sleeping, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that it isn't hard for everyone.

I'm going to agree with everyone else. Do what is comfortable for you and your family. And ignore everyone else. And either lie to them about who sleeps where or tell them it's not their business

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #22
Registered Users
We co-sleep/bed share. It has not been hard to get our kids sleeping alone once they were ready. Dd was 2.5 and ds is 3 and spending at least half of every night in his room. He's sleeping through the night in his bed 5/7 nights usually.

You just have to do what works for you and your child.
Eleanor, mama to Maren (07.05.08) and Grant (10.20.10)
aries416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #23
Registered Users
Do what you think is rite for "your family".
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #24
Registered Users
Re: Room sharing with baby?

If it feels wrong- don't do it! Who cares what "they" say.
You have to do what's best for your family in your situation- whatever that may be. Cosleeping, bedsharing, crib in your room, crib in a different room.... There is no universal right answer. Listen to your gut, and don't even feel like you have to disclose your decision to naysayers or anyone else.
Married to my best friend Jon, and SAHM to Chase, born Oct 2013 at 29weeks, HOME where he belongs after 59 long days in NICU.
someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thx ladies. You gals made me feel so much better.
mommyegon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #26
Registered Users

Please do what feels right for you and your baby. Don't listen to everyone else and what you are "supposed" to do. If cosleeping gets you all the most rest then go for it. My daughter is 2 and still cosleeping and nursing at night. They are only this small for a short time. She's not going to be 16 and still nursing to sleep. Follow your mommy instinct! Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!
ericadawn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #27
Registered Users

DS Slept in an Arms Reach until 4.5 mo, then slept in his crib in his room 4.5-6.5 mo, then bedshared until almost a year. It worked well for us, for BF purposes and staying well-rested. Around a year I slowly transitioned him to his crib/room...we have a mattress on the floor in his room and over the course of a few months went from bedsharing to fully crib sleeping, semi-consistent 12 hour stretches with short bedtime routines and zero fussing. We have morning cuddles on the floor mattress still (at 20 mo) because I miss snuggling him and it gives me a few extra minutes in bed. As everyone's said, follow your instincts regarding ALL aspects of parenting!
Cobained is offline   Reply With Quote