Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Belle's Avatar
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: the beach!
Posts: 7,511
Stroller Choices

I have been saving up my amazon gift cards from swagbucks for a nice umbrella/light stroller and I wanted some input.

Does anyone here have this Inglesina?

And, given the choice would you buy that one or wait until the end of March and get the baby jogger vue that's coming out? Originally I wanted the vue, but that inglesina has great reviews so now I'm torn.


(yes, I know that 150+ is probably too much to spend on a light stroller, but that's why I can only justify it with swagbucks monies. )

Advertisement

__________________
~J, wife to one, mama to three wild and crazy guys and one little lady!~
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
7 for now
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 2,070
I LOVE my Peg Perego Pliko P3. Very similar to the stroller you linked. The Peg has a stand in footboard for another child. My 4yo still fits on it. It folds like an umbrella stroller, decent storage underneath, and the handlebars adjust in height so taller people don't have to hunch over. New ones that are a couple model years old can be bought for around the same price. My first Peg lasted through 4 kids and 10 years! Then I bought a newer model! I loved it that much.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
Hungry Caterpillar's Avatar
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,262
Re: Stroller Choices

My sister has the one you linked and I have the P3 PP posted. I have the complete Peg system so that worked well for me, and I am very happy with it. My sister is happy with the Ingelsina. They are very, very similar. At one point we were trying to figure out if they were owned by the same company.

If you are truly just looking for a great lite stroller, the UppaBaby G Lite is awesome. My sister got that one when she abandoned the Ingelsina and I've been contemplating abandoning my P3 and getting one as well.

The P3 weighs nearly 20 lbs, though I can't remember the exact weight. The Uppababy weighs less than ten. The Inglesina was somewhere in the middle. I just can't remember if the Uppababy has the footboard thing on the back.

The Vue looks pretty nice, though I have had my eye on that as well.
__________________
Andrea
Mama to B and E, Wife to E
Parenting with Hugs and Terror since 2011
Hungry Caterpillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
leadmare's Avatar
leadmare
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: on an adventure with the one I love!
Posts: 1,197
Of those choices I'd go with the Inglesina, because the green is so pretty. :-) And because until the Baby Jogger comes out, I remain skeptical of the release date.

Also, a lot of people rave about the UppaBaby umbrella strollers but I thought they were terrible. DD hated them with a passion. The seat/bum area was not deep enough and they didn't sit upright. Permanently semi-reclined. I wanted to love them, but it was a big fat no for us.
__________________
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
luvsviola's Avatar
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 17,103
My Mood:
Re: Stroller Choices

I've had a stable of strollers, but honestly, I like my Chicco Capri just as much as any of the more expensive lightweight strollers and it is so much cheaper. Second choice is BJ City Mini.
__________________
Kristen
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 02-19-2014 at 09:36 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #6
Belle's Avatar
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: the beach!
Posts: 7,511
Re: Stroller Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
I LOVE my Peg Perego Pliko P3. Very similar to the stroller you linked. The Peg has a stand in footboard for another child. My 4yo still fits on it. It folds like an umbrella stroller, decent storage underneath, and the handlebars adjust in height so taller people don't have to hunch over. New ones that are a couple model years old can be bought for around the same price. My first Peg lasted through 4 kids and 10 years! Then I bought a newer model! I loved it that much.
Thanks for the recommendation! Right now that looks like a bit more stroller than I want, but I've added it to my list of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
My sister has the one you linked and I have the P3 PP posted. I have the complete Peg system so that worked well for me, and I am very happy with it. My sister is happy with the Ingelsina. They are very, very similar. At one point we were trying to figure out if they were owned by the same company.
Okay, so the inglesina looks much more like an umbrella type stroller than the peg's that I'm seeing. Maybe it's just the pictures?

Quote:
If you are truly just looking for a great lite stroller, the UppaBaby G Lite is awesome. My sister got that one when she abandoned the Ingelsina and I've been contemplating abandoning my P3 and getting one as well.
I've checked out the G Lite and now I can't remember why I crossed it off my list...hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
Of those choices I'd go with the Inglesina, because the green is so pretty. :-) And because until the Baby Jogger comes out, I remain skeptical of the release date.
Say it ain't soo!! Are they known for pushing the dates forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I've had a stable of strollers, but honestly, I like my Chicco Capri just as much as any of the more expensive lightweight strollers and it is so much cheaper. Second choice is BJ City Mini.
We have a city mini double, and I want something significantly smaller. If I get a Chicco it will be something compatible with my KF, since we might have another baby someday. I do like the city mini, but it's a bit more stroller than I want right now.

Thanks for all the input ladies, I think I figured out that for most that weren't on my list it was because of the smaller sun canopies. We went for a walk yesterday with the 13mo in my cheapo ($20) umbrella and it just didn't work very well, but he's a bit big for the bucket/frame combo so I think I'm going to get something sooner rather than later.
__________________
~J, wife to one, mama to three wild and crazy guys and one little lady!~
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.