Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Daniella Jean
Registered Users
Formerly: Danielliia
seller

Disneyland with almost 1 year old twins

My husband and 6 year old daughter are going to Disneyland with my mom in a couple weeks. It's the first time for both my husband and daughter and they are so excited!

They have all their tickets and are going. I would love to go with them, and I want to go, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the hassle to take our 10 month old twins (who are not sleeping very well). They love sitting in the stroller and watching all the kids at school, but there is a big difference between that and all day in the stroller. I've only been to Disneyland a few times - never with children of any sort.

So, WWYD? Any tips for one years olds?

Advertisement

Mommy to 3 princesses, K born November 2007 and L & C born May 2013
Daniella Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disneyland with almost 1 year old twins

I love the baby care areas at disneyland. It was so nice to be able to get away from the crowds to change, nurse, and take a breather.

My son was only 6 months when he went, but he LOVED some of those rides where you sit in the chair and are on a belt moving through different set areas- like the Little Mermaid and Pirates of the Caribbean. We're going back in a few weeks ourselves so it will be really different I'm sure.

I would personally go for it, there are three adults per three kids right? I think there is so much to see they would be very entertained and will sleep well in the car afterwards if they don't nap well.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would bring lots of snacks and take it slow if you need to, it gets colder at night so if you stay past sundown then sweatshirts for everyone.

The parades are fun so even if your LO's aren't really cooperating with the schedule for the day and you end up sitting with them while the rest of your family goes on a few rides, at least you have something to watch so you don't feel like you are missing out.

Last edited by TobinsTreasures; 03-01-2014 at 12:46 PM.
TobinsTreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
Daniella Jean
Registered Users
Formerly: Danielliia
seller

Thank you! I was pretty well thinking that. I don't need to be with them all day and I'll be fine to head out on my own to put the babies down for a nap, or just to find something for them.

I'm also worried/wondering about the hassle of taking them on the airplane.

Mommy to 3 princesses, K born November 2007 and L & C born May 2013
Daniella Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We took 1 9 month old. It was awesome. I took a 6 week old (for 10 days) and it was magical.

But, I personally wouldn't shell out the expense for twins. I'd wait and shell it out when they are a little older. There isn't a lot they can do there, and you'd spend your whole day (at $110 a day) caring for them or waiting in line.

I bet DD and daddy would have more fun without 10 month old twins in tow. I'd let this be their special trip, personally.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-01-2014 at 01:42 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

my sister took her 15 month old and her the year old. She said she would probably not do it until they were out of strollers. Except they are nice to store stuff in. All the pictures of my nephew is of him making in his stroller.

We aren't going to go until our youngest is at least three. Since we can't afford to go every year.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
BootsNBuckles
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
We took 1 9 month old. It was awesome. I took a 6 week old (for 10 days) and it was magical.

But, I personally wouldn't shell out the expense for twins. I'd wait and shell it out when they are a little older. There isn't a lot they can do there, and you'd spend your whole day (at $110 a day) caring for them or waiting in line.

I bet DD and daddy would have more fun without 10 month old twins in tow. I'd let this be their special trip, personally.
The twins should be free
Brittany , Student and Wife to Omar , Proud parents of 3 girls, M, 9, J, 7 & E, 5 and hoping for bean #4 very soon! Team BLUE
BootsNBuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsNBuckles View Post

The twins should be free
The twins are free but mom is not. For as much money as Mom would cost in airfare and park tickets and food, I would wait.

Strollers aren't allowed in line. So both parents have to be carrying a baby for the whole line. That sounds miserable to me.

It also means renting a bigger car and schleping two more car seat through the airport.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 03-01-2014 at 06:28 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd take them in a heartbeat but that is our family dynamic. We wouldn't do that kind of vacation without everyone. I've taken a 3 month old and a 15 month old to disney world and loved it. Ds at 15 months was fascinated but everything about him - he loved just watching people and peeking in windows and watching the rides (he didn't like the round and round type rides at that age like dumbo but LOVED small world and always fell asleep on small world so it was a nice way to get him to conk for a nap). I don't have twins so I don't get the dynamic of twins so I get it might be tougher than with one. But we never had issues with a stroller and I loved taking ds at 15 months. But our family dynamics are such that we wouldn't consider not taking a child with us on vacation no matter what their age.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I wouldn't. But I'm odd and would rather stick forks in my eyeballs and toothpicks under my fingernails than go to Disney with small children.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote