Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsNBuckles View Post

Oh, no harm at all! We try to be really careful as to how they view it as well. Sadly in 2011-2012 my kids knew 4 officers killed. When I say we dont shelter them from it, it surely isnt a free for all. They see it occasionally, but its discussed lots more. Ive heard my own kids get onto others as to gun play. They definitely know guns DO kill.

Eta: they also knew those officers children, and they were like uncles to them.
How sad!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #42
littleangelfire
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else battling Call of Duty?

I'm new around here, but this thread grabbed my attention b/c my 9yo is obsessed, says everyone plays it (most his friends are older), and Halo, and Far Cry and insert-name-of-shooting-game-here. He wants to polay them all. If it has shooting, he wants it. It's ridiculous. And I've considered caving b/c I wonder if being disallowed from it makes it worse. But I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the thought of him playing these games. And like you, I don't really care if the blood or language can be turned off. I want the killing turned off! Play a hunting game where you're shooting for needed food, play a shooting target game, I'm OK with that. I might even be OK with some kidn of survival game that has other parts. But I hate those games!! I didn't read the other responses, but you're defintiely not alone.
littleangelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #43
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else battling Call of Duty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleangelfire View Post
I'm new around here, but this thread grabbed my attention b/c my 9yo is obsessed, says everyone plays it (most his friends are older), and Halo, and Far Cry and insert-name-of-shooting-game-here. He wants to polay them all. If it has shooting, he wants it. It's ridiculous. And I've considered caving b/c I wonder if being disallowed from it makes it worse. But I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the thought of him playing these games. And like you, I don't really care if the blood or language can be turned off. I want the killing turned off! Play a hunting game where you're shooting for needed food, play a shooting target game, I'm OK with that. I might even be OK with some kidn of survival game that has other parts. But I hate those games!! I didn't read the other responses, but you're defintiely not alone.
Thanks for the support, and welcome to DS!