Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Baked oatmeal

Here's a picture of my baked oatmeal cups. This one's topped with coconut flakes & a few cinnamon chips. We made several different varieties.

Busy homeschooling mama to my 3 cute kiddos

My cooking blog-
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

do you have anywhere around where you can get affordable steel cut oats? They won't have that mushy texture. However they do need to be soaked overnight and it takes a bit longer to cook them (stovetop) My kids refer to steel cut as the "crunchy oatmeal"
baked oatmeal to me as a very similar texture to oatmeal on the stove. I use old fashioned for both which retain more texture than quick oats. I can't do those either.

eta i might just be the baked oatmeal recipe i tried bc the texture on that muffin looks better

Last edited by negrapy; 02-26-2014 at 09:30 AM.
negrapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
My Mood:
I know this was a while ago but I wanted to update that I tried making peanut butter baked Oatmeal (I don't know how to link on the app, but it's like the first result if you Google peanut butter baked oatmeal). I love it... I've been adding flax seed meal and pouring milk over the top and eating it almost every day. Very filling and yummy. I make a 9x13 pan and cut it into probably 12 pieces. It keeps well in the fridge and heats well in the microwave :-) thanks for all the advice and opinions!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #14
moving mama
Registered Users

love backed oatmeal
moving mama is offline   Reply With Quote