Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Singapore Math & English ?

I got all of the books listed on page 6.
Usborne Encyclopedia of World History
A Child's History of the World
Story of the World Volume 1
History Pockets Ancient Civilizations
Ancient Egyptians and their Neighbors
Ancient Israelites and their Neighbors
Life in Ancient Greece
Life in Ancient Rome
Webster's New World Children's Dictionary

I have yet to use the coloring books but they may not be used till later. We are in lesson 15 part 2, was what we did this week. However the others we have used and used often. The Child's History of the World, is optional but if you plan to homeschool when you get to NZ you may want it. It is used in multiple years I believe.

I like that I am teaching my son how to use a dictionary. However it is still a bit over his head. So this could be optional if you don't want to teach your child how to use the dictionary. I am just touching on it and helping my son as needed. Also you can use a different dictionary and it would work just as well. We just didn't have any others around (other then a paperback one that I used in college).

I should also point out that if you plan on using this for both of your children you will have to photo copy the maps and some of the pages in History Pockets. Actually I think you need to copy some of the pages in History Pockets even if you don't plan to reuse it.

We also use our library quite a lot. I can access the card catalog from home and I have written down the Dewey Decimal numbers for the books that they have (which my library has more then I would expect, we are just a single library that isn't attached to another one or a system of other ones).

Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Singapore Math & English ?

Good to know, thank you!! at least the coloring books aren't too $$ if you don't use them. I bought the suggested dictionary (used for like 13c off amazon lol) because he is always asking me what a word means, he is 6 but reading at a 4th or 5th grade reading level now and spelling well too, I think the dictionary will be a great addition for him.
Mama to P 12.07 and baby Q born at home 9.30.12 <3
zandj is offline   Reply With Quote