Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Marking this for the pea soup recipe! Thanks!

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
erinbell
Registered Users

Re: Cheap, easy, fast meals?!

Love to buy tortellini and pesto and then just cook that and put the pesto on it. I often slice cherry tomatoes and drop those all in. So easy and tasty.
erinbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #13
lucababy
Registered Users

My Mood:

One of our favorite meals here is this: browned ground beef mixed with a can of tomato soup (don't add any water) makes it saucy, boiled potatoes and side of broccoli I am type two and I even add a glass of milk to this

Another great easy meal is egg frittata with all the leftovers for a couple of days goes great with a salad

I made this the other night I put it all in a 9x13 ... Salmon fillets frozen, frozen mixed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, sprinkled dill on it and dabbed some butter in spots over the veg and added a couple of lemon slices to the salmon. You can add alfredo noodle to your plate for your carb or mashed parmesan potatoes
lucababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #14
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's a couple

Shepard's Pie- brown ground beef, onions, add butter, flour, stock and simmer until thickened. Add a bag of frozen peas and carrots and top with mashed potatoes. Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Can be made ahead.

Chicken pot pie- cut up cooked chicken, add any kind of veggies (bag frozen, sauteed greens, spinach, diced sweet potato, whatever you like) can of mushroom soup or do gravy trick from above, top with pie crust and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I made mixture for chicken pot pie from precooked chicken (rotisserie) and freeze, take out and top with pie crust the day I want to bake.