Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

We are also metropolis where all kinda of craziness and sickness emerges.

I'm not paranoid about it and still go about my life. But yeah, it still creeps me out a bit!

Advertisement

mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #12
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

I've also had EBF newborn last time get a really bad cold at 4-weeks. Crazy snot and congestion pouring out of a newborn. So sad.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
Madeline's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I ask a little worried about a fly season baby, but mostly because I have to have a hospital birth this time and that means my older kids won't be allowed to visit us. I hate being away from them.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #14
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Yep. Hospital birth here, too. And I've seen what this flu/sickness season (norovirus, especially!) did to our doctor's office. Everyone was gone. They had to pretty much shut down since dr, nurse, staff, were all sick! My friend was in the hospital for pancreatitis, and they were told that a ton of patients had flu. I was shocked at how many airborne isolations there were. I don't know if those were the flu patients, but there were room after room of airbornes!

The whole season just has me weirded out with a hospital delivery, huge city/hospital, newbie and two kids who bring all the goodies home.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
squirrelgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flu Season Babies?

My dd2 was a Nov. Baby too and all was fine! I agree keep random people from touching and everything will be fine! I did get a flu shot while pregnant though so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #16
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It can be scary, but it's one of those things you just have to do your best to prevent it and leave the rest to God.

We don't do flu shots, but and my youngest (who was born Nov. 2012) and the rest of the fam all got the flu. The baby's was the mildest out of everyone. I just nursed him like crazy and more or less didn't put him down until it was passed, mainly for my peace of mind.

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #17
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

That's what we did with my late September baby. With two kids in school now, and seeing how they both have brought crap home this winter, it's got me irked!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
Yes, but any garbage they bring home will optimize your breastmilk - kind of like a natural flu shot for baby, but without any of the toxins.

You have to remember that you aren't the only mother with other children to have a flu season baby - mama's have been bringing home babies to busy households for many years and I'm pretty sure the statistics are on your side for survival. I do understand wanting to be prepared. I have a December baby (who was only 5.13 at birth) and a March 1st baby. It was always a worry for me too, but remembering that breastmilk is awesome, there is only so much one can do, and realizing that the probability of my baby dying due to illness was pretty low, it helped me to relax. I still wouldn't get the flu shot (and I am not antivax for what its worth).
I have a December and March babies too! We don't do the shot either. Good nutrition, keeping hands clean, and keeping them home a little more worked wonders for my December baby. My March baby is actually the one that got RSV at four weeks and coincidentally has an immune system that is super strong. Norovirus has been the worst offender in our house and there's nothing you can do for it.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #19
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
I have a December and March babies too! We don't do the shot either. Good nutrition, keeping hands clean, and keeping them home a little more worked wonders for my December baby. My March baby is actually the one that got RSV at four weeks and coincidentally has an immune system that is super strong. Norovirus has been the worst offender in our house and there's nothing you can do for it.
This. Noro scares me more than flu at the moment. Over 1/2 my daughter's class was gone at one time from it!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #20
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had an October baby and two December babies so far. I did a lot of babywearing and it helped keep extra unwashed hands out of baby's personal space.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote