Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

What do you pack in your diaper bag

I have a jujube BFF diaper bag. I love it but it is always pack to the point of bulging. It's also super heavy, but at the same time I am always running low on diapers it seems. I pack 4 BG 4.0s, one extra outfit, a med/small wet bag, handful of wipes, maybe a couple of other clothing item - extra shirt and hat, and a couple of small ransoms...and the thing is bursting at the seams. When DS starts solids I don't know how I'm going to fit his food.

What do y'all pack for outings? How many diapers do you carry?

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you pack in your diaper bag

So I have two different set ups;
On a short trip I put DD in a hybrid or pad fold pre fold set-up. In the bag I put one extra Econobum cover then however many changes I need +1. So tonight I went out and just packed one Hybrid insert. I have a zipock bag with a spoon, her baby food, and a stick placemat. In another I have one spare outfit that is separate leggings and a shirt.

On long all day outings. I lightly pack my diaper bag/purse like above and then pack a tote. In the tote I put extra diapers extra food and a few toys or other things I may think I need. I leave the big bag in the car and just put refills in my purse as I need them.
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
Blissedfun
Registered Users

There is always 3 fitteds and an extra cover in our bag along with a blanket and 2 changes of clothes. If I think I will be longer than a few hours I will drop in a fitted for every 2 hours.

My lil one is 4.5 weeks and right now we use fitteds with covers (wool half the time). When we out grow the fitteds we have grovias, motherease and pockets so the grovias will probably go in the bag. Oh, I have the Fisher Price backpack (love it). I also have an emergency bag in the car with prefolds and a cover.....just incase!
Blissedfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Hi I have 4 diaper bags lol 1 of them a ju ju be spicy and I know what you mean it being heavy. This bag alone with out anything is heavy empty.
I no longer use it for this reason. But any bag is heavy with cloth diapers.

Here is what I carry
2 diapers in diaper bag I now don't need more then that I always keep a few in car with spare wipes

Extra outfit I no longer use wet bag only use that for daycare visits I carry a roll of those munckins baggies has good odor protection fits dirty diaper and dirty out fit then I tie it stick in diaper bag till I get home much better then having to wash wet bag all the time I also use the Baggies at daycare with wet bag keeps my wet bag cleaner don't have to wash out every time

Any snack
2 drinks bottle or cup
Some book and little toy
Changing Matt sample cj butter
flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
robeccajr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The house! I keep an under bed storage box under the back seat of our van with extra diapers, change of clothes, snacks, blankets, etc.

I try to keep a wetbag, 5 AIOs, tub of wipes, diaper rash cream, 2 sippy cups, 2 outifits and snacks in her diaper bag. I also carry an AIO in my purse. I'm an over-packer.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

If I take my diaper bag with me I put in 6 diapers, wipes for each change, a wet bag, maybe a change of clothing and I think that is it. If I am going to be gone all day I take an extra bag with extra diapers wipes etcetera. Then I refill my diaper bag as needed.

Most of the time though I only need one diaper, 2 wipes, and a wetbag. This all fits in a Planet Wise wetbag minus another wet bag. Then I just toss that into my purse and use the wet bag for the dirties after changing. I often pack a bunch of prepacked small wetbags into my diaper bag so instead of taking the entire thing to change all I need is the prepacked wetbag.

I rarely need a change of clothing so really don't bring one with me. Unless I will be gone all day. Then I do but often that change is kept in the car rather than my diaper bag. Kids really only need to eat at meal times only so unless you are heading out all day you really do not need to have food in the diaper bag.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Had my first outing with three kids that required a diaper bag yesterday. I packed an outfit each for the 3 yr olds, 3 outfits for baby, 6 diapers, pack of wipes, burp cloth, blanket, nursing cover. I also use it as my pocketbook, so had my phone, wallet, car keys and had camera yesterday but don't always carry that.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:22 AM   #8
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I carry a separate bag with snacks for the 3 yr olds. Too much to put in diaper bag.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:29 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AI2 diapers -- 1 extra cover and standardly 3 inserts unless I'm out for longer.

Other stuff is a change of clothes for 4 year old and baby. Changing pad and wipes, wet bag. Muslin blanket. Burp cloth. sunglasses. Outside pockets have small pad a baby and crayons + an activity book and a all in one crayon. A pacifier. 2 emergency snacks (granola bar and a toddler food pouch).

It doesn't leave much room in the bag we carry. But I can add a couple snacks or (just barely) my sons drinks and cups when going to a restaurant. I carry a americabag baby tote. It looks big but it's not as big as it looks.

I used to just carry a ergo backpack with my son. It was generally backed tight but we made it work.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-15-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #10
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiMom
I have a jujube BFF diaper bag. I love it but it is always pack to the point of bulging. It's also super heavy, but at the same time I am always running low on diapers it seems. I pack 4 BG 4.0s, one extra outfit, a med/small wet bag, handful of wipes, maybe a couple of other clothing item - extra shirt and hat, and a couple of small ransoms...and the thing is bursting at the seams. When DS starts solids I don't know how I'm going to fit his food.

What do y'all pack for outings? How many diapers do you carry?
Check out the BFF packing videos in YouTube! That'll give you an idea of how people pack that bag. Packing a JJB can be an art, at least that's what JJB aficionados (of which I am) think!

Also, if you have a car, you can have a separate car bag with extra diapers, etc. carrying 4 BG's seems like overkill, though it depends on how long you're out. Good luck!

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote