Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #21
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post

Ooh question! Question!
Do you think two fuel cells, 2 AIO for toddler plus three for newborn, plus sippy cup and one change of clothes per kid could fit into a be prepared? I need to be able to go full day out of the house a couple times a month and will need to have snacks for toddler plus DH plus expressed breastmilk so I'm thinking two fuel cells. I can't get a straight answer if this will fit.

Right now I use a huge Marc Jacobs beach bag for my diaper bag but I want more pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I think absolutely. Maybe a little stuffed depending on how fluffy the diapers are. I stuffed my fuel cell to get a better picture of how it fits and took a picture of how thick the stack of diapers is that it's sitting on.

ForumRunner_20140315_164949.jpg

ForumRunner_20140315_164959.jpg

It will zip closed like that no problem and there is definitely room for two fuel cells side by side.

I looooove all the pockets. Everything has a place.

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #22
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you pack in your diaper bag

I hate huge diaper bags and never had a use for one. I have a light weight bag that I made from pretty cotton prints, with several pockets inside and out. That way my bag weighs almost nothing. For dd that is still ebf, I pack:

6 xs Sandys
1 dappi nylon cover cuz it takes no space
1 grovia wetbag
6 wipes, prewet in a Ziploc
2 diaper rite nb prefolds as burp rags or spare diapers if needed
1 snappi
1 receiving blanket to be used as a blanket and nursing cover
2 pairs nursing pads
Extra pacifier
Extra outfit
And still have pockets for cash, cell phone, keys, etc. I don't carry two bags during the diaper bag phase. I don't pack a changing pad since I normally wait to do changes in the car. Yesterday, we were at a convention center all day, so I changed dd in her stroller or on my lap. After this many babies, I can change an icky diaper without getting it on anything. If she pees during the change, oh well, it dries. I don't think I have ever used a public changing table because they gross me out.

When they get older, I usually carry fewer diapers, omit the nursing pads since I don't leak much after a few months, omit the burp rags when they no longer spit up, and add snacks and a sippy cup.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #23
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do not pack a lot either. In my experience, you hardly use anything you have packed. With my daughter and now the baby I nanny, the only need I have ever had was for diaper changes. I may have used a change of clothes once, and it was nice to have.

What I pack is:
5 diapers (it is disposables now because I nanny and have to do what the mother says).
Wipes
A set of clothing (onsie, pants, socks)
A spare cloth bib (he drools like a champion) and a plastic "eat bib" with pockets to catch falling food.
A raincoat for my daughter (Florida's quick changing weather).
Changing pad.

I don't need a big bag because it is all disposable but if I had a "real" pad, diapers and wipes, I think my bag would only be double the size it is now - the room I have in the bag I have is for about 3 times the stuff I carry.

This is the bag I got from an outlet for $20. I pack the front/side zipper with my stuff and the big zipper at top - which is under stuffed now - is for the diapers.

I do have a separate bag for food. We are out of the house over lunch everyday. So, I pack it in this Lilly Bloom lunch cooler bag with 2 sandwiches, 2 fruit (In the bottom to stabilize it so it stands), a prepared formula bottle and 2 Gerber stage 2 food containers in the top part with an ice pack - the pack keeps everything cool - even the stuff in the bottom.

ETA: Ugh, I killed another thread.

Last edited by vatblack; 03-16-2014 at 12:55 PM.
vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #24
ktmamabird
Registered Users
seller

Hilarious - I think most mamas are prepared for just about anything with their diaper bags. Great ideas, thoughts - thanks for sharing.
ktmamabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #25
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I used to way over pack... Lol however before ds daytime trained this winter we would leave the house with: 2 inserts and covers in a wetbag, water, my wallet, wipes, and then whatever else was shoved at the bottom and forgotten about lol
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #26
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just went to the mall with a 1 year old and 3 year old. My "diaper bag" is a skip hop reusable shopping bag. We were gone about 5 hours and took 2 AIO's, extra undies and pants, extra shirt for the ydd, a snack each and my change purse....oh and a few wipes/washcloths. I have a Bummis wetbag that I hook around one of the straps on my bag. Easy peasy