Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
My Mood:
would u put a night trainer (ME possibly?) on a 4 yr old...

...who RARELY wets the bed? Like maybe once a month....
We cosleep, n ive just used a waterproof bed protector thing... im getting the kids a full size organic ($$$) mattress for their new bed room after the transition we will get another so they ea have their own bed.

I spend literally all day doing laundry when she wets the bed, doing the bed protector, sheets, blanket, pillows sometimes n whatever babies she has sleeping with her... not to mention if I have cd laundry to do that day. N come june ill have 2 in cloth n ill need to wash daily... should I just continue with this? Or would u use a night trainer? I dont want to make her feel bad...or like a baby... she goes potty every night before bed.. n she doesnt necesarilly drink a lot of water before bed or during especially the nights it happens I just think maybe its wen shes overly tired or getting sick? I really dont know cuz it doesnt happen consistently. But when I deal with stripping the bed, and even changing her clothes n putting new . Ones on she sleeps right through it n never even knows or realizes the next day she peed the bed.. idk... wwyd? Just deal or get a trainer (am I being too lazy?) ???

***Zainna*** CD addict, co-sleeping, BFing, BABY LOVING MAMA to the loves of my life Anora 9/9/09 & Titan 1/1/12 , and crazy in love with my other half Tristan since 12/22/06
Earthy Momma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: would u put a night trainer (ME possibly?) on a 4 yr old...

I wouldn't call it lazy. Stripping beds and washing everything is a PITA and is why I don't mind the cost and time to lanolize woollies. I don't think I'd make her wear a trainer, though. I think that would undermine her confidence and possibly cause the bed wetting to increase. What about having her sleep on a sheepskin or lanolized wool blanket on top of the waterproof mattress protector and other bedding? I'd probably ditch the cotton sheets and just use fleece blankets with those corner things to hold them on the mattress just to minimize the laundry. You are going to have your hands full in a few months.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote