Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Aios for newborns

For those who had mixed stashes for their newborns, did you find aios super helpful? Did it make cloth diapering in the first few days and weeks easier on you? I'd love to especially hear from mamas who are mostly prefold or flats users if they found aios to be helpful in the beginning. I'm looking at the aios I have accumulated and I am 100% a flats gal and so I can't imagine really finding the aio love and using them on my newbie! I am so tempted to sell them all and buy some more flats lol. I do have a handful of aplix nanas bottom prefitteds I imagine will make life easier for nighttime changings, but with flats I fold them Ahead of time into whatever fold i like so they are ready to put on baby, that's why I find them super easy to use and can't imagine reaching for the aios I have!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I mostly use prefolds and a few fitteds, but it hate 2 piece systems out of the house. I have 6 aio that I use mostly for the baby bag, otherwise I would use sposies out and about.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I really liked the thirsties AIO size one for newbie. Effortless and worked great.

But my kiddo is a shrimp and she out grew it very quickly.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Re: Aios for newborns

Iv been using all flats and a few prefolds for my 8 week old since she was born. I thought about having some aios for her since I also have 20month old twins in diapers too but I'm glad I never bought them. I really love just using flats. I have 2 dozen for my 8 weeks old that I just kite fold out of the dryer so they are ready to go and I have 48 large flats that I just padfold for the twins. For backup they each have a dozen prefolds incase I get behind on folding but I don't mind at the end of the day sitting down and folding the flats, watching some tv to me it relaxing lol
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

AIO lover here especially for the week early weeks. I found all flats to be soo incredibly bulky they were pain unusable, preemie prefolds worked better but once a cover was added kinda bulky also. AIOs provided the trimmest fit with the least bulk.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
Txladybug
Registered Users

I much prefer prefolds, but my DH likes AIOs for newborns. Since we are expecting twins this time, the only thing I added were workhorses and more AIOs because I want diapering to be easier on DH and helpers. If we were expecting another singleton and it was me doing the bulk of the changes again, I would have just stuck with my prefolds.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Simplexes were awesome! I used for night and out and about. I needed super easy for those 2 times and aio NB simplexes were awesome! I used them to around 4 months and sold/traded them for things I needed in the next size.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't love them. I bought a bunch of aios & pockets, thinking it would be easier w/ twins, but when they were truly new, the legholes were all too big...except our Nana's. Also, I have heavy wetters & we got lots of compression leaks around their legs. They just weren't really worth the cost for us, & I never considered them particularly trim...or if they're trim, they don't really absord much. I actually reached for fitteds first, then pfs...I started putting them on the girls around 6lbs. They're now almost 4 ms & a little over 10 lbs & I like the pockets (Charlie Banana & Alva nb) better than I did, but they're still mostly diaper bag dipes.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I have a newborn - love love our thx. We do mostly GMD orange & covers but the aios are so nice and don't go down to her knees! We've been washing every day since we only have 8 & we just fill in with others.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loved AIO's at the beginning but grew into loving flats much later on.

I couldn't imagine using flats on a newborn before they were STTN.