Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
aravae
Registered Users
seller

help! dh "helped" with laundry

My lovely dh decided to help with the diaper laundry while I was in the shower. I had already started it in the washer once, and needed one more cycle to rinse then onto drying.

Well, he didn't realize they needed another rinse, so he just put the absorbent bits in the dryer and hung out the covers. I just discovered this when the dryer bweped. Do I put everything (now dry) back in the wash and rinse and re-dry? Do I just use them and rinse extra next time? Did he ruin our diapers drying them with detergent probably still in them, wish us now baked in?

Thanks!

Advertisement

aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: help! dh "helped" with laundry

I'm sure your washer rinses everything before the end of the cycle so the detergent was rinsed out, just not double rinsed. You should be fine, just use them and get back to your routine next time.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Lilaalil
Registered Users
seller

I'm no expert, but I think it's just fine. Definitely not ruined! Maybe keep an eye out for any rashiness on your baby, in case there's any detergent residue that your baby is sensitive to, but really it should be fine. You can always re-wash if there seems to be a problem later. Also, maybe smell them and make sure everything smells clean but not soapy.

Most of the time I just do cold rinse, warm wash with detergent, and 2 cold rinses; no extra cycle, and that works fine for me. I just do an extra cycle without detergent occasionally. I have a top-loader though, that uses tons of water. Different things work for different people, but as a one-off it really shouldn't matter.
Lilaalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carverjill
I'm sure your washer rinses everything before the end of the cycle so the detergent was rinsed out, just not double rinsed. You should be fine, just use them and get back to your routine next time.
Yeah that. No big.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
aravae
Registered Users
seller

Ok. Thanks. I was really frustrated that he skipped that step, and by the time I figured it out, he wasn't around to ask about it. I smelled them and they seem fine. I'm just ashtrays hearing about buildup and rashes and the importance of rinsing. I do a full cycle because the only rinse on our washer is a cold one, and I think I would have to do several to get the same result, and a wash is only one button push.

Thanks, ladies!
aravae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These days I've been doing a short delicate cycle as my rinse cycle -- but when I dont have time I just to a second rinse or nothing. One time missed isn't going to be an issue.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote