Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
amyable
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PUL allergy, do we need to watch out for anything else?

My dd is breaking out in a rash where the PUL is touching her on her FBs. I'm not sure yet if it's just from sweat (like a heat rash) or something else - but all my kids are sensitive to stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if we had a real allergy going on.

Are there things related to PUL that I shouldn't use either? I've heard people mention a fleece allergy too? All we have right now are FB and prefolds (which dd hates - she's two and very opinionated, lol)

If its just a heat/breathing issue, are there covers other than wool that are nice and breathable? (we think one of my other dd's has a true lanolin/wool allergy, so I'm hesitant to go down that route just now...)

TIA for humoring this newbie!

ETA: My dh *loves* the idea of pockets (since I stuff for him, lol) so I hate to give them up... any ideas along those lines in addition to what is really *best* for breathability/unrashiness?

Advertisement

Last edited by amyable; 05-31-2007 at 11:48 AM.
amyable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
DWA
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PUL allergy, do we need to watch out for anything else?

Just want to give you a .
I posted a similar question yesterday and didn't get any responses. I don't think the PUL touches DS's skin in most of our diapers, but yesterday I put one on and he immediately got big red welps where the PUL was touching his skin.
I'm not sure about other recommendations besides wool...after that happened I decided to just stick with fitteds and wool since he does well with those and they are cooler anyway in the hot summer.
Good luck.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PUL allergy, do we need to watch out for anything else?

If they don't seem to have a problem with fleece there are some pockets where the fleece on the legs rolls out. Fuzzi Fannies for one. Then there are some all fleece pockets, that are more breathable than PUL. Apronstrings, Ella's there are a few more too.

http://www.diaperware.com/index.html
Carries Ella's
travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote