Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #1
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Preventing preterm labor

Does anyone have any home remedies that have worked well for you to prevent preterm labor? My last baby was born at 35w5d and I am 25 weeks along now having A LOT of Braxton hicks contractions sprinkled with a handful of irregular but true and painful contractions where I feel pain and pressure pushing down. I don't want to have another preemie, and i certainly don't want to ice birth 15 weeks premature!

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #2
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

I carry a water bottle and constantly fill it throughout the day, today I've had about 100oz water. I took a warm lavender bath, cut down sugar and caffeine... I don't know what else to try.. I don't overexert myself I haven't been overly stressed..
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Preventing preterm labor

Sounds like you are doing what you can. My first two were 34 and 35 weekers. My 2nd was 38+1 with P17 shots.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 33 weeks with twins and hoping to go full term. I have had braxton hicks since SO early on, but no signs of actual labor thankfully. I was told to drink ALOT of water to prevent dehydration. I rest a lot, no matter what I am doing, if I feel over exerted I plop right now and take a break. In between every chore I do, I rest. But, I am still walking every morning, my morning walks are the only time I am not super nauseated, so I am not willing to give them up unless the doctor tells me to. The fresh air is my only comfort! I am also still doing yoga which helps with my stress levels, only modified since I am now as big as a house.
MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
MrsMartin2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also agree it sounds like you are doing what you need to do. I'll be praying that baby takes his or her sweet time!
MrsMartin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies, I guess I'll keep it up and also pray!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

One thing that's recommended to prevent preterm labor with multiples is to eat 120+ g of protein each day for twins (more for triplets or quadruplets). That might help you.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:23 AM   #8
ChristinaFinn
Registered Users

marchofdimes you can see its information here
ChristinaFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

5 dates a day or something. Look up the date study
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote