Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #11
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGold View Post
So what's it supposed to be like? Everything I read about BF poop says its mostly liquid, yellow, with "seeds" or "curds". This has been my experience with both my EBF girls (2 years and 1 month old). Neither had/have any issues (no discomfort after nursing, very little spitting up, no mucous or blood in the stools).
This is exactly what it is supposed to be like... Maybe PPs are thinking you're describing just watery poop or something. I don't know. But I've never heard EBF poop described as anything other than "liquid" and am not sure how else you could describe it...

Advertisement

Last edited by Teexie; 04-04-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
2orangecats
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby cries after nursing

I'm a FTM, so my experience is limited but it sounds similar to what my DS was doing at around the same age. Nursing was really easy at first...good latch, plenty of milk, gaining weight. Then as he got older, nursing seemed to get really difficult...he would nurse but then, after a few minutes, all of a sudden he'd start fussing loudly, pull off, and scrunch up his torso as if he was in pain. I'd burp him and he would fuss if I brought him horizontal. Its like he needed to be upright. And once he was upright, he woudnt got back down to nurse. We also never had any problems at night or when nursing on the side. Nursing in my arms seemed to be the issue. Trying different positions that got him more upright helped. Does this sound at all similar? I think he has reflux/GERD. We've got him on baby Zantac now and as much as I hate the idea of putting him on meds, I noticed a difference right away.
2orangecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
You might try nursing in a football hold with him almost sitting up. This can help gassy babies because gravity is assisting the feed. You can also try laying back and setting him on your chest and letting him latch on in a position that is most comfortable for him.

He sounds healthy and normal at 5-6 weeks there is definitely a growth spurt in breast fed babies that can cause fussiness at the breast.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
Irvinetm
Registered Users
seller

In my experience with 2 EBF babies, the poo can range from a little more liquid to more solid but mine have always been fairly liquid until starting food. I did go off dairy and that seemed to help. Might be worth a try. Hang in there!
Irvinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
beachbottoms
Registered Users
seller

my babies wanted to nurse all the time, I however did not have enough milk. Sounds like partly cound just need lots of cuudle and sucking. I would start by staying with same side so he can cuddle lots without to much milk.
beachbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
AQW
Registered Users
seller

Maybe I really need to try to cut dairy. Very sad for this vegetarian mama
Old 04-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #17
risata
Registered Users
seller

DD2 cried after eating. She was sensitive to dairy. I only had to eliminate obvious dairy. DS arched his back, acted uncomfortable after eating. He is on Zantac for silent reflux. He does not spit up much. Zantac has helped. Try raising head of baby's bed, hold upright 20 mins after feeding. That may help if it's reflux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #18
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQW
Maybe I really need to try to cut dairy. Very sad for this vegetarian mama
There are some great alternatives to dairy. Lots of other milks, Earth Balance if you can't live without butter, oils to replace butter, So Delicious coconut ice creams, Silk soy yogurt (better than Stonyfield), Daiya "cheese", etc. What will you miss the most?
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #19
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
If it's really milk it can take 6 weeks to notice a difference and the milk to get out of your system.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #20
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
If it's really milk it can take 6 weeks to notice a difference and the milk to get out of your system.
True that it can take that long to clear completely, but you should still notice a difference within a couple of days.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote