Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #21
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby cries after nursing

When LO was born, we were both given antibiotics which obliterated both our gut flora. She had the same symptoms as your LO. I gave her a Biogaia probiotic and in short time it cured her fussiness, dislatch, frustration and crying. Gerber Soothe has the Biogaia probiotic strain found naturally in breast milk. It was amazing to see the difference!

Advertisement

Lizanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #22
SybilP
Registered Users

I agree with eliminating certain things from your diet. For me, the culprits are dairy and chocolate. The good news is that I was able to add them back in after my baby was older.

Sent from my iPad using diaperswappers.com
Old 06-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #23
Ophelialove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FWIW my first acted like this & I tried all sorts of things, eliminations, etc & turns out it was just him. LOL He was just high needs. I just got better at figuring things out. He was frustrated when he wanted to comfort nurse but couldn't figure out how to do it without getting milk. He was frustrated when milk flow slowed, at all. This age is high time for fussiness in general for many reasons, some of which is just becoming more & more aware & interactive. It doesn't inherently mean anything is wrong. One thing that worked great when he'd get riled was to climb into a warm bath with him & he nursed well just like at night. Stripping babe & you down & nursing topless sometimes helps too, or side lying on the sofa. I also had better luck when I slowly transitioned him to single side feeds only...so we stopped that switching sides. Mine was uber porky though, so I was not worried about changing him to that.

I guess my point is, it might just be part of his personality to be intense. You can try reading here & seeing if anything sounds like it might fit. 5 weeks might be a little early to tell, but it doesn't hurt to check it out. http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbsepoct96p136.html
Ophelialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm a vegetarian mom who had to eliminate dairy! DS had bad poops, eczema, gas, fussiness on or off breasts. I took dairy out and noticed his rash clearing up at the end of a week. He still had gas and was fussy but after about 3 weeks it started to really die down. I'm about 2 months in and he's really happy. He'll nurse for longer time periods, no gas, no eczema or diaper rash from his once bad poops. Hang in there! Going vegan from vegetarian wasn't terrible, I miss cheese though. I do take vitamins though, very important!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk