Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #21
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Questions for those that do not vax.

someone actually accused you of child abuse?? Geez,,,that's why i love Mothering. it's the only place i can go and say publicly..." I coslept, i nurse them as long as they want to, i home birth, and I DONT do doctors!" ANd not one cares!

glad you talked to the neuro. take him up on the medical exemption he is offering...it is worth its weight in gold.

Advertisement

bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #22
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
that's why i love Mothering. it's the only place i can go and say publicly..." I coslept, i nurse them as long as they want to, i home birth, and I DONT do doctors!" ANd not one cares!
We don't care here either.

I felt intimidated at my sons 4 week check. He was born early, had been in NICU for 9 days and I just wasn't feeling "strong". His ped understood about delaying for a while. By 4 months she gave me her big speech along with copies of medical info. She was polite, just "concerned". I explained to her I wasn't making my decision on a whim. I had researched the issue for a couple years and my husband and I were sure in our decision. Since then she's been really cool about it. She does mention it, but it's more of a 'any immunizations today', I say no and it's case closed. She's a good ped and I respect her. We just differ on our opinion of vaxes. I do believe she feels as strongly for them as I do against. I'm glad I have a good ped for my boys when they need medical treatment, but am also glad she isn't a militant type re: vaxes, well baby checks, anti-biotics, etc.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #23
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of great info so far from other posters! I second the VEARS site. Check it out you can search the vax name you received the bad reaction from. My dd#1 was fully vaxed until the age of 9 months when she had a HUGE almost deadly reaction, and they tried to convince us it was leukemia. But blood cells dont lie. Anyways. . . ever since she has recieved no more vaxes and her younger sis is 100% vax free. I would also check out MDC you will be APPALLED at what is in the vaxes, show your dh this info as well. Theres more then just mercury to worry about. The risks people discuss about not vaccinating, no offense meant here, are usually out of uneducated peoples mouths. Meaning they ask their docs or pediatricians and take their words for it. They rarely if ever, go on their own manhunt for info pro and con on vaxes. Did you know that the vaccination your infant receives against whooping cough, wont fully protect them from whooping cough until they receive the consecutive vaccications? Which the last one isnt til around age 6 i believe i read. Also hepB is a vax for an STD, how many sexually active 2 year olds do you know? The latest money making scheme from the vaccination world is the vax against the ovarian cancer or something, but isnt as effective unless given while the woman is still a virgin. Lastly, all i can say is whatever decision you make for your children, dont let others put you down for. Hugs momma

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #24
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are homeopathic alternatives to vaccines:

http://www.phytopia.biz/NosodeKits.html
http://www.elixirs.com/prodSearch.cf...All+Categories

And also many great books on successful homeopathic treatment and prevention of the diseases that are vaxed for here:

http://www.homeopathic.com/Merchant2...books_children

Last edited by MamaLove; 06-20-2006 at 05:41 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:12 PM   #25
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i haven't ever had a tetanus booster since my second dose of DTP as an infant. i ended up with the whooping cough for 3 months, in and out of the hospital and several close calls. my mom swears it was b/c of the vax. on the other hand, yes whooping cough is making a comeback and yes it is treatable but as i said there were several close calls with me and is still a deadly illness. other than anything to do with the DTP i've had all my vaxs. and my children do get theirs even as a stand on pins and needles when they get them. for me there just seems to be more dangers not vaxing than vaxing. but i don't look judgementally or ugly at anyone who chooses not to, i understand the choice. good luck with your search.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #26
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to add that my ds got whooping cough from a kid who got it from the vax when he was 10 months. As soon as I gave him the homeopathic remedy pertussinum, he stopped coughing a few days later! The lady I ordered it from said that her child got whooping cough immediately after getting the shot, and it went away quickly with this remedy, also.

We all do what feels right for each situation, and only those true instincts can tell you what that is.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #27
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove
Just wanted to add that my ds got whooping cough from a kid who got it from the vax when he was 10 months. As soon as I gave him the homeopathic remedy pertussinum, he stopped coughing a few days later! The lady I ordered it from said that her child got whooping cough immediately after getting the shot, and it went away quickly with this remedy, also.

We all do what feels right for each situation, and only those true instincts can tell you what that is.
THIS is the reason why I love homepathy! We use it for everything and it cures our ailments 10x's faster than normal! Great example!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #28
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

wish someone would've told my mom that 22 years ago!!! would've saved her tons of worry. i had it pretty bad though....way more than just a cough. it was complete with me turning blue and black from lack of oxygen b/c of blocked airways. not sure homeopathic would've taken care of that.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #29
MotherEve
Registered Users

Wow,
great info here.

We are a medical family that do not vax!!!

Just wanted to let you know my brother and I both were unvaxed as children and we have grown up internationally, mother worked in hospital (exposure to lots of sicknesses) and have excellent health records. Yes we got the childhood sickness, (measles, chicken pox) but recovered quickly and have never been worse the wear.
Of course tetanus is an issue, but you have to give a booster when an accident happens and usually tetanus happens with tissue crushing(not just rusty nails) and luckily that never happended.
In school as kids we never got hassled, had a religious objection(thats what we called it! ;D)
All they did was ask us to stay home if someone had a outbreak at school who was vaxed etc.
So, here we are and Tejah has not recieved any vaxes. He was 4 wks early and had jaundice etc, which needed ped care.
Sure enough when the vax question came up we said no. Next visit, same thing, and this ped wanted to get into a debate. I said we should agree to disagree, and no we don't go to ped WB visit, but we do go to acupunture appts, which do pressure points vs needles at this age. Tejah is really big for his age and is developing quickly. We are a medical family and we don't vax.
One of the top neurologists at the hospital and she begs people to do delayed vax, if at all.
The brain develops so fast at this age, it is esp. sensitive to neuro -toxin, more damage is also done due to low weights.......
Look into Robert Kennedy and other gov't and medical people are saying.
Most practices get bonuses when they administer a vax. I work at a family practice and you would be suprised at what kind of gifts Pharm. Co give to doctors and staff.
Anyways, I guess what I am trying to say is not just crunchy hippie mama choose not to vax, some choose not to vax after a child has been damaged,
either way it is a personal choice (that is why you sign a confirmed consent form) and I just wanted to tell you I am living truth that those who are unvaxed are unhealthy, and yes most people i have known who were vaxed had MORE of a reaction and incidence to the diseases that they were vaxed against.
Hope that helps!
MotherEve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #30
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mother Eve.... I love living proof stories about people who are unvaxed.

And I worded my previous post wrongly mentioning mdc..I just meant that I was glad that I had MDC to go to when I felt like everyone irl was hassling me about not circing, not vaxing, etc. those things that i do as an everyday lifestyle, and need some respite once in a while. no offense to anyone here at DS.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote