Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Returned my 5 year old nautilus at babies r us!

Someone on here posted that they were able to return their Graco that was affected by the recent recall to babiesrus and get a gift card, I am so happy I read that! I called yesterday and gave them my nautilus model number, which by the way was manufactured in 2009, it is the galaxy grey color and I got a 120$ Gift card! When I bought the nauti car seat I had coupons and it was on clearance and I spent less than that! I feel like I totally made out, especially since it was already 5 years old and I was just saying how I couldn't believe another one of our car seats was about to expire in the somewhat near future. I recently purchased a safety first easy fit 65 to replace an expired cArseat and we are using it rear facing for my 21 month old and I love it so much and it fits so much nicer than the nauti did, so I went ahead and purchased 2 more of those (one to replace the nauti for my 5 year old and Another that we needed for my baby on the way!), there's also a coupon code/ printable 20% off I got on retailmenot so I did separate transactions and with the coupons and my gift card I spent only 40$ out of pocket for both car seats, I am just so happy about this and had to share with other mamas who get the whole car seat thing rather than someone who would look at me crazy for keeping my kids in 5pt harnesses passed 6 years old and for getting rid of "perfectly good" car seats once they hit their expiration date lol. If anyone is contemplating returning their recalled Graco call with the model number and see how much you will get for it, in my mind it seems like a no brainer to do it that way to get a newer seat!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
ana3621
Registered Users
seller

Re: Returned my 5 year old nautilus at babies r us!

That's awesome they did that for you! Although I'm not trying to bash safety first but my husband was in a side impact collision in January and we had a chicco car seat, a safety first, and a recaro in the car. The safety first car seat took the least impact, was the newer of the 3 and was actually split in 2! Thank God my kids were not with him and he only had a broken nose, but I cried the next day when I went to see the car. The safety first car seat did not hold up at all on the side of the car that was still intact! The recaro was holding the side together that was hit and looked to be in perfect condition still. Needless to say we bought 2 recaro seats for our toddlers and replaced the chicco carrier with another chicco for our newest arrival ( who almost showed up that night as I went into what looked liked labor even to the Drs)
ana3621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
Ola_
Registered Users

Wow, that is pretty cool! I had no idea they would do that.

Not sure how good that seat is for a newbie though, sounds like they are unlikely to fit well (unless you are using a bucket seat at the start or have big babies, in which case feel free to ignore me!).
http://csftl.org/safety-1st-guide-65-mini-review/

Last edited by Ola_; 04-03-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
Ola_
Registered Users

Sheesh, another double post...

Last edited by Ola_; 04-03-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Wow nice deal
Old 04-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_
Wow, that is pretty cool! I had no idea they would do that. Not sure how good that seat is for a newbie though, sounds like they are unlikely to fit well (unless you are using a bucket seat at the start or have big babies, in which case feel free to ignore me!). http://csftl.org/safety-1st-guide-65-mini-review/
I'm not using a bucket, however I do tend to have big babies. My back up plan is that my sister has a chicco bucket that she just stopped using for her baby so if need be, she can lend that to me to use until the newbie fits in it. Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 04-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ana3621
That's awesome they did that for you! Although I'm not trying to bash safety first but my husband was in a side impact collision in January and we had a chicco car seat, a safety first, and a recaro in the car. The safety first car seat took the least impact, was the newer of the 3 and was actually split in 2! Thank God my kids were not with him and he only had a broken nose, but I cried the next day when I went to see the car. The safety first car seat did not hold up at all on the side of the car that was still intact! The recaro was holding the side together that was hit and looked to be in perfect condition still. Needless to say we bought 2 recaro seats for our toddlers and replaced the chicco carrier with another chicco for our newest arrival ( who almost showed up that night as I went into what looked liked labor even to the Drs)
well, that makes me feel very uneasy.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

You scored an awesome deal
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #9
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awesome deal! I question Safety 1st also after the one I had suddenly in the middle of vacation malfunctioned in the belt some how. My DH tightened up the straps then when he pulled it to check it, it just pulled out to the end of the strap with little to no effort. Dh always checks the straps the same way and it had never done that before. We were on the road and happened to be at Walmart, so we bought a nati and through the old seat in the dumpster (I kept the straps and tossed them at home). It was a hard situation to be in.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #10
sarahbrianne429
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! Our infant seat buckle is messed up and the carrying handle is stuck in place upwards. They havent issued a recall on those :/ I am using a second hand seat from my sister now.
sarahbrianne429 is offline   Reply With Quote