Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
theres a friend and family coupon with very little exclusions (might not exclude the car seat you want), i found it on retail me not and it takes 20% off in store or online and I think it ends today! You could always sell your car seat for a little cash on Craigslist or something, since it's not expired...when I traded in an expired seat A few months ago I wasnt impressed with the coupon, a lot of things/brands/sale items were excluded! Just a thought Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Thanks for the info

Advertisement

Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #22
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
Someone on here posted that they were able to return their Graco that was affected by the recent recall to babiesrus and get a gift card, I am so happy I read that! I called yesterday and gave them my nautilus model number, which by the way was manufactured in 2009, it is the galaxy grey color and I got a 120$ Gift card! When I bought the nauti car seat I had coupons and it was on clearance and I spent less than that! I feel like I totally made out, especially since it was already 5 years old and I was just saying how I couldn't believe another one of our car seats was about to expire in the somewhat near future. I recently purchased a safety first easy fit 65 to replace an expired cArseat and we are using it rear facing for my 21 month old and I love it so much and it fits so much nicer than the nauti did, so I went ahead and purchased 2 more of those (one to replace the nauti for my 5 year old and Another that we needed for my baby on the way!), there's also a coupon code/ printable 20% off I got on retailmenot so I did separate transactions and with the coupons and my gift card I spent only 40$ out of pocket for both car seats, I am just so happy about this and had to share with other mamas who get the whole car seat thing rather than someone who would look at me crazy for keeping my kids in 5pt harnesses passed 6 years old and for getting rid of "perfectly good" car seats once they hit their expiration date lol. If anyone is contemplating returning their recalled Graco call with the model number and see how much you will get for it, in my mind it seems like a no brainer to do it that way to get a newer seat!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Is this because of the buckle issue or a separate recall? I thought the buckle issue just got a replacement buckle, not the whole seat replaced?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #23
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers22185
Is this because of the buckle issue or a separate recall? I thought the buckle issue just got a replacement buckle, not the whole seat replaced?
just because of the buckle! Bru is awesome! They will give you the lowest price on it which was 120$ for mine but considering that was more than I bought mine for on sale 5 years ago from there it was well worth it for me. You don't even have to have purchased it from there, literally bring it in and they give you a gift card. Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 04-13-2014 at 08:17 AM.
mommadeeof4+ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you have to demonstrate that the buckle sticks or can you literally just say hello, here's my nautilus, I don't want it because the buckle was recalled. I haven't had too much trouble with ours (yet) but it's just difficult to undo sometimes. Now our Snug Ride 30 is harder to unbuckle! Wonder if they would do that for it as well?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #25
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahamama731
Do you have to demonstrate that the buckle sticks or can you literally just say hello, here's my nautilus, I don't want it because the buckle was recalled. I haven't had too much trouble with ours (yet) but it's just difficult to undo sometimes. Now our Snug Ride 30 is harder to unbuckle! Wonder if they would do that for it as well?
you can do it with any Graco that was affected by the recall and yes literally I walked in plopped it down and got a gift card, no questions no hassle it was the easiest thing ever.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #26
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yay! I got $259 back total for my 2 Nautilus and 1 myride65. So glad I read this!!!! Thank you!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahamama731
Yay! I got $259 back total for my 2 Nautilus and 1 myride65. So glad I read this!!!! Thank you!
yeah!!! So awesome mama

Old 04-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #28
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Returned my 5 year old nautilus at babies r us!

I am so glad I saw your post! I have a graco snug ride 30 with a recalled buckle and a mysteriously defective handle. I called bru and asked if they would exchange the whole seat or just give me a new buckle and they said they would replace the entire thing! I never would have thought to ask before I read your post. Yippee! Hoping it's gender neutral since we don't know this baby's gender.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.

Last edited by specialdelivery; 04-13-2014 at 06:59 PM.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #29
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery
I am so glad I saw your post! I have a graco snug ride 30 with a recalled buckle and a mysteriously defective handle. I called bru and asked if they would exchange the whole seat or just give me a new buckle and they said they would replace the entire thing! I never would have thought to ask before I read your post. Yippee! Hoping it's gender neutral since we don't know this baby's gender.
That is so great!!

Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #30
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for posting this! I have been waiting several weeks for new buckles (both of mine did stick). I returned my two nautilus to BRU . Just set the carseats on the counter and said the buckle had been recalled- super easy with no questions asked. I got back around $135/ea (no receipt) on a gift card and bought two new ones for $149/ea.
Before going to the store I called BRU headquarters and they said weather or not the carseats could be returned depended on the individual store. So, call your local store before heading in to avoid a wasted trip.