Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
20% OFF MotherMoonPads Cloth Pads, now through Sunday!

Welcome to MotherMoonPads!

MotherMoonPads is proud to offer you high quality, affordable reusable cloth menstrual pads handmade in southern Oregon.

Now through Sunday, I am having my first percentage off sale of the year (!!). Use coupon code "CHANGES" to enjoy 20% off at www.MotherMoonPads.etsy.com now through Sunday.

Examples of cloth pad sets:

Advertisement

Last edited by MotherMoonPads; 10-16-2014 at 09:26 AM.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
About MotherMoonPads

MotherMoonPads was born out of a passion for sewing, a desire to become more green (or "crunchy"), and a need to contribute to our household income while raising our children.

My name is Denelle, and I live in Medford, Oregon with my husband (Henry), my 17 year old daughter (Gwendolynne), my 6 year old son (Ezekiel), and my 4 year old daughter (Eleanor), MotherMoonPadsis my full time job. If you'd like to "meet" me, you can visit me on Youtube!

I became a WAHM (Work At Home Mom) in June of 2007 when I was expecting my second child. I left my position as an accounting clerk and started a business called KeepYourBabyClose. I created hundreds of beautiful and functional baby carriers. Baby carriers were a gateway into a whole different world, one of Attachment Parenting and a desire to leave the world a better place than when I entered it. I discovered cloth diapers and mama cloth (and many other fabulous reusable products!).Around October of 2008, I added a line of reusable cloth menstrual pads to my store. These became increasingly popular, and I discontinued making baby carriers. I closed my KeepYourBabyClose Etsy store, and opened MotherMoonPads where my main focus was on reusable cloth menstrual pads.

Since then, I have created more than 22,000 reusable cloth menstrual pads. I have sold on multiple websites (HyenaCart, eBay, Diaperswappers, ClothDiaperNation and others) but I do tend to focus on my Etsy store lately. All in stock inventory is found here. Each reusable cloth pad is handmade by me.

I take pride in each reusable cloth menstrual pad that I create. Every morning, Monday through Friday, I wake up, feed my children, and then sit down in my studio. I choose which fabrics will be turned into mama cloth for the day. I typically make 30 pads each day, depending on the absorbency. I only use the highest quality fabrics (which means no Walmart fabrics!) purchased from ethical sources. I love to sew with soft velours and super soft stain resistant minky. I use fabrics that were made specifically to be ultra absorbent yet trim, like Zorb.

I believe that family is the most important thing in life. I am so blessed that I have the opportunity to raise my family while keeping a roof over our heads and food on the table. Every purchase that you make directly contributes to our family's budget.

I take pride in making things that will last. After all, isn't that why you are buying reusable cloth menstrual pads in the first place? Rest assured that your MotherMoonPads are created with high quality products and an attention to detail, and will last you for many years to come.

You may see a MotherMoonPad being created from start to finish:

This is my dedicated studio. It takes up approximately 64 square feet of my house, and houses my machines, fabric, and some misc. craft supplies.

Every purchase that you make directly supports my family, as MotherMoonPads is our main source of income. I am transitioning from Etsy to this website, but you may view my feedback on Etsy. We thank you and appreciate your support!

Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
MotherMoonPads Buyer's Guide

~~ Congratulations on the decision to make the switch to MotherMoonPads reusable cloth menstrual pads ~~

It is a decision that both your pocket book and body will thank you for. My high quality, affordable handmade reusable cloth menstrual pads are designed to last you for years to come!

Starting out with cloth pads can be daunting to some, so I have created this Buyer's Guide to help guide you in the right direction! You may also email me at any time, and there is no such thing as TMI!

~~ Getting Started ~~

My standard sizes are:
8.5" Pantyliner
10" Normal Flow Pad
12" Heavy Flow Pad
12" PostPartum Pad

Absorbency Guide:

Pantyliners are made from just 2 layers of fabric. These are best used for every day discharge, or for use on very light days such as spotting.

Normal Flow Pads have absorbent soakers made from Zorb* These are best used as day pads, or for more "normal" flow.

Heavy Flow Pads have soakers made from one layer of Zorb and one layer of Killington Flannel. These are intended for use during heavier flow days. Some women also find them appropriate for lighter postpartum use, and lighter night time use.

PostPartum pads have soakers made from two layers of Zorb. While these were designed for women to use after they give birth, many women with heavy cycles also prefer them. They also work well for overnight flow.

When in doubt, always choose a heavier flow pad. Cloth pads are different than disposable pads, in that cloth has a finite amount of absorbency. Some women who exeprience a very fast and heavy flow would do better purchasing from a seller who offers PUL in their pads. I use a breathable, moisture resistant backing (anti pill fleece), but it is not waterproof and not suitable for everyone.

If you are unfamiliar with my brand, it is ALWAYS recommended to purchase a trial pack before investing in a full stash.

Fabric Options

I firmly believe that there is no one fabric that will work perfectly for every woman out there. It is important to choose what is your own personal preference for fabric, no matter how cute the print is. I currently offer two fabric types, minky and cotton woven.

Minky Pros: Minky is one of my most popular fabrics. This is a synthetic, 100% polyester fabric that resists stains well.

Minky Cons: It is a heavier weight fabric that has a 3mm pile to it (so it is fuzzy to the touch). Some women find it to be a hotter fabric in the summer time. Minky makes for a slightly thicker pad.

Cotton Woven Pros: Cotton woven makes a very thin pad. It is smooth to the touch, and tends to be a cool feeling fabric.

Cotton Woven Cons: There is no stretch to the fabric, so it makes the pads fit slightly more thin than a minky topped pad. Cotton woven will stain.

*What is Zorb? According to the manufacturer, Zorb is an optimum blend of cellulosic fibers from cotton/tencel/bamboo/other interspersed with polyester nylon. It is an incredibly absorbent, thin fabric perfect for the absorbent layer of MotherMoonPads!

How many MotherMoonPads cloth pads will I need?

How many you will need will vary from woman to woman, as each woman's flow is different. What I suggest is counting (or estimating) the number of disposable pads you go through each day, and then add a few to use while you are doing the wash. Cloth pads do need to be changed slightly more often than disposable pads.

While there is no set rule for how many to buy, most women will go through 3-6 cloth pads each day, depending on their flow.

Special Consideration for PostPartum Use

How many mama cloth pads will you need for postpartum use? The answer will depend on a few different factors.
How often do I want to wash?
Am I using cloth exclusive, or will I be using the disposable pads in the hospital?
Do I have any longer, heavy flow pads in my stash right now?
For most women who are planning on using cloth exclusively, the following will take you through 1 to 1.5 days. It is recommended that you change your pad at least every 2-3 hours during the postpartum period, more often with heavier bleeding.
6-9 postpartum pads
6 heavy flow pads
If you are planning on using the disposable pads in the hospital and cloth after you come home, you might be able to use heavy flow pads exclusively, with postpartum pads at night. Every woman's postpartum lochia is different.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have. I am here to help!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
MotherMoonPads Care Instructions

~~ Caring For your MotherMoonPads Cloth Pads ~~

~ Rinse in cold water after use
~ Store dirty pads in a wet bag until wash day
~ Machine warm warm, tumble dry low

Please do not use:
~Bleach
~Ironing
~Downy or Softeners
~ The "sanitize" cycle on your washing machine

Concerned with staining?
~ Minky topped pads are super soft and resistant stains
For your cotton topped pads:
~ Consider using a stain stick such as a Buncha Farmers Natural Stain Stick
~ You may also rinse your cloth pad with a peroxide/water mixture after use
~ Sun your pads to dry in the sun
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
MotherMoonPads Policies

POLICIES

~~Welcome to the first step in making your time of the month as happy as possible ~~
Reusable cloth menstrual pads are not only good for the environment, they are also good for you! Many women who switch find that they have shorter, less crampy menstrual cycles.

~~ MotherMoonPads Policies ~~

Shipping
All items on this website are in stock and ready to ship. I ship all in stock items within two business days of receiving cleared payment. Orders that are paid for separately will ship separately.

Domestic Orders-within the United States
ALL orders are shipped via USPS First Class Mail with delivery confirmation.
Packages typically arrive 2-7 business days after shipping. If you have not received your order after 15 days, please contact me and I will file an inquiry with the post office. Packages are not considered lost until 30 days after shipment (per postal rules). I am unable to refund or replace for packages that show as delivered via the delivery confirmation number.

International Orders-all other countries, including Canada
ALL orders are shipped via USPS First Class Mail International. Packages are estimated to arrive within 2-5 weeks. All international packages are insured with U-Pic insurance.
If your package is lost, you will be asked to fill out a short form for the insurance company, stating your name and order, and that you did not receive it.

Returns and Exchanges
Due to the nature of MotherMoonPads, cloth pads are not eligible to be returned. In the unlikely event of a problem, please contact me within 3 days of receiving your package.
Photo documentation of defects may be required. I am not responsible for stains, laundry mishaps, or any other issues not directly caused by the worksmanship (IE: If you dog eats a pad, please do not ask me to replace it).

The use of a mesh laundry bag is recommended if your washer tends to "eat" smaller items. All cloth pad orders are packaged in one.

Layaways and Trades
I do not currently offer layaway. All trade offers are handled on a case by case basis. Please contact me. Thank you!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MotherMoonPads Cloth Pads FREE US Shipping, PantyLiner, & Wet Bag! New sets Frida

New heavy flow pads! www.MotherMoonPads.com

Last edited by MotherMoonPads; 04-09-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MotherMoonPads Cloth Pads FREE US Shipping, PantyLiner, & Wet Bag! New sets Frida

New PostPartum Pads just stocked! These are all in stock, ready to ship!
www.MotherMoonPads.com
Old 04-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:

New prints stocking this Friday at www.MotherMoonPads.com

Not into cotton? No worries, over 60 new minky sets were just listed!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:

These new pantyliners are just a few of the new kawaii themed pad sets stocked this morning. www.MotherMoonPads.com

Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
MotherMoonPads
seller
seller

My Mood:

New pantyliner sets at www.MotherMoonPads.com