Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:
why are people so quick to judge

I know we have all said it before "Where were the parents?? " Our lower school director was at home and her 9yr old DS was playing outside. (they live in a quiet neighborhood) He hopped on his electric scooter road out into the street. He hit a school bus then the bus ran over his leg. Thank goodness he was wearing his helmet. He was rushed to the hospital news reporters were all over it. I feel horrible for his mom and family. Everyone commenting where were the parents? Bashing the mother etc. We live in a town (not a big city) full of neighborhoods kids playing outside all of the time. My children play outside I run into use the restroom or grab something etc. I remember being outside as a child and never seeing my mom until she yelled out that dinner was ready.
I know this mother feels horrible and is dealing with alot right now. Her son was in critical condition for a day the doctors were worried they wouldnt be able to save his leg. Why be so negative why not say I'm so sorry mama we will be thinking of you I hope DS is ok etc. Im sure the mother is beating herself up right now over it. My mother always told you never know when something like that could happen to you. Its not bad parenting its an accident that you definitely learn from and need lots of support. I am so over people being so negative towards each other. We are all trying and doing whats best for our children.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I remember running all over our neighborhood too. So safe there...kids were taught safety but drivers would be careful too.

I know my mom was all over me for being home alone and leaving my olldest to look after her younger bro & sis for few minutes one night. My mom did this alot & so did her mom.i also started watching kids for same amount of time or longer at my oldest kid age..

I run inside to grab things every so often or bathroom as well... thats why I have tried to be there for other mamas that are home at night or single gals here. Im so glad I have neighbors that came to help me one night I got a sliver from metal can in my finger.

I dont get why so hard on some and not on others for everything sometimes.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: why are people so quick to judge

Because then they can tell themselves it would never happen to them. Easier to sleep at night then.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Because then they can tell themselves it would never happen to them. Easier to sleep at night then.
So true
Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's a harsh world. I remember when I was young, a five year old neighbor of mine was killed in a car accident. It was a hard ordeal as the neighbor who killed him was just sixteen years old. It was a horrible accident; no one could really be blamed. The kid took a turn too early. No one blamed the parents per se, but there was a general consensus that they were somehow responsible for letting their young child be out on the road, even though he was only 2 houses away from his own and was following what his parents said about how far to go. They lost their son, which is about the worst thing that could happen to a parent. I think we humans just like to point the finger at something or someone to calm down our own neurotic fears that the same random thing will happen to us. Cause and effect.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #6
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When supervision would have prevented a serious injury or death it will always be common to feel anger towards whomever should have been supervising the child at that time.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #7
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
I also agree!

I hope the little guy recovers quickly!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Ellasundies
Registered Users

There was just a house fire around here in the last day or so. The Mom was a widow and left her 6 kids at home so she could go to work. I think there was a 14 yo, 2-13 yo's, a 9 yo, a 5 yo? and a 2 yo. The one 13 yo was at a friends house and everyone else was home. When the fire started the two older kids ran for help, meanwhile all the younger ones died. I hear so many people bashing the Mom but then I remember that I stayed home to watch the younger ones when I was 14.

Sometimes bad things just happen.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Maplecat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
When bad things happen to us, we blame the situation. When bad things happen to other people, we blame them. It is a paradox that lets us sleep at night.

So sorry for the little guy.
Maplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
When supervision would have prevented a serious injury or death it will always be common to feel anger towards whomever should have been supervising the child at that time.
Even if the mom was outside, this still easily could have happened. Kid gets on scooter and rides off, mom is right there, says stop, kid doesn't listen and goes into the street. s

so saying that supervision could have prevented this isn't true, could it maybe have prevented it sure, but just because a kid is supervised doesn't mean they are not going to get hurt or accidents are not going to happen.