Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #11
Psylvia517
Registered Users
seller

Re: Doopsy brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysmama View Post
Where did you find this?
You find them on diaper trader

Advertisement

Psylvia517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They do have a slight stretch to them. I contacted the lady bc I was worried about how large the size larges were, but she said they shrink about 20%, which would equal a size medium. I think I may try unstitching the tubular fabric and taking the piece in the middle fold to make it less bulky if size large gets too bulky. I'm hoping the ends won't fray in the wash, since it Is a knit,I'm hoping it just rolls a bit. If it doesn't fray, I may end up cutting it down the center to make it a long piece of fabric so it dries quicker and can fold easier onto a child.
I have no baby to test it on until august, lol. So it's all in theory right now.
But I am impressed with all the stuff I got. With shipping,it was $92
Www.clothdiapertrader.com
Let her know a friendly mama named aysha sent you her way. I told her I was telling ppl, but I don't want her to think I'm just saying it
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimum2four View Post
I just ordered me some prefolds and wipes. So excited to get them. Issibissy...the prefolds have a stretch to them right? Is it a lot or just a little spring? I saw these a while back and wanted to get them but didn't have the extra $...thanks for reminding me...I do now and can't wait to try them out.
They aren't super stretchy, but they are wonderfully soft and squishy. They are hemp cotton fleece, so different than the hemp cotton knit.
I think a similar material is used by a company on cotton babies. And those are 3/$18
Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd like to give a short review.

I normally don't buy even a cover without reading tons of reviews, but this was a good deal, so I took the plunge.

I have the NB size prefold, and washed it twice so far. It may shrink more with more washes, but I'm not too sure.

It's VERY SOFT! My only experience is hemp jersey- Thirsties and Geffen, and I like them. I got the Geffen quick rather than super, because didn't want the "pilliness" fleece has, and these prefolds have that, but so soft, and can be used with Boingo.

It measures washed: 14" x 11", longer than a GMD yellow edge, but narrower, so it's really a size small, not NB. It's bigger than the infant traditional fit prefold. I got it thinking it would be a true NB. It just fits my small 13 month old, 16 lb. daughter. (Had I realized it was this big, I would have gotten the medium instead for the next size.)

They are very absorbent. She was in it for 7 hours, with the Geffen regular size doubler, and it wasn't completely wet, and it hasn't totally prepped yet.

The wipes come out of the dryer rolled, it actually looked cute! They work very well for BM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #15
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the review.
How did you prep them? I'm due in a month and should begin prepping my diapers I think. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by abemom2 View Post
I'd like to give a short review.

I normally don't buy even a cover without reading tons of reviews, but this was a good deal, so I took the plunge.

I have the NB size prefold, and washed it twice so far. It may shrink more with more washes, but I'm not too sure.

It's VERY SOFT! My only experience is hemp jersey- Thirsties and Geffen, and I like them. I got the Geffen quick rather than super, because didn't want the "pilliness" fleece has, and these prefolds have that, but so soft, and can be used with Boingo.

It measures washed: 14" x 11", longer than a GMD yellow edge, but narrower, so it's really a size small, not NB. It's bigger than the infant traditional fit prefold. I got it thinking it would be a true NB. It just fits my small 13 month old, 16 lb. daughter. (Had I realized it was this big, I would have gotten the medium instead for the next size.)

They are very absorbent. She was in it for 7 hours, with the Geffen regular size doubler, and it wasn't completely wet, and it hasn't totally prepped yet.

The wipes come out of the dryer rolled, it actually looked cute! They work very well for BM.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #16
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure it will fit your NB, unless your baby is on the bigger end. I had prepped only one to see how it is, and it just about fits my baby who is 16 lbs., 1.3 yrs. old. I had gotten the NB size to have for future kids, but it's more like a small.

I washed and dried it with Geffen Baby hemp inserts 3 times, and used doublers the next few times.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #17
Rjohnson7
Registered Users
seller

I just purchased her hemp wipes, hemp prefolds and bamboo breast pads. Didn't know how they would end up since I hadn't heard of the brand but I'm loving them. The wipes are awesome! The rest is good too. The prefolds are super absorbent, a little tricky to snappy but I think that's the nature if hemp. And you can't beat the prices.
Rjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohnson7 View Post
I just purchased her hemp wipes, hemp prefolds and bamboo breast pads. Didn't know how they would end up since I hadn't heard of the brand but I'm loving them. The wipes are awesome! The rest is good too. The prefolds are super absorbent, a little tricky to snappy but I think that's the nature if hemp. And you can't beat the prices.
How did the bamboo breast pads work out? I bought three packs so I would have enough to last a week. Are they absorbent? Do they wash well and fit without looking too clumpy?