Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
AugustSylas
Registered Users

My Mood:
8-9 Weeks and Starting to Spot Bleed

I am 8-9 (maybe almost 10) weeks pregnant and starting to spot this evening. It's worrying me a lot. I was curious if anyone else experience this around this time in any other pregnancies. I didn't bleed at all with my first pregnancy. The spotting was all brown blood (and mucusy) and kinda a lot when I wiped. It hasn't become heavier. If anything it is less now. I don't have any cramps, but my back has a dull ache to it.

I have my doctor's appointment on Friday, but don't know if I can wait that long. I was thinking about calling on Monday. Or, should I consider going to the ER if it doesn't stop. Just looking for thoughts and reassurance.

Advertisement

AugustSylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 8-9 Weeks and Starting to Spot Bleed

Waiting until your doctors appointment on Friday will be a long wait and you will worry till then. I would call the doctor Monday unless you really want an answer immediately. I'm not sure when the heartbeat shows up in ultrasounds but the ER could give you an ultrasound or maybe a blood test to test your pregnancy hormone levels. I hope that all is okay for you and baby
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

I would definitely call or go in. I know the office we go to tells us to call the birthing center anytime, day or night, with questions or concerns, since there's always someone there to talk to. It can't hurt, and getting an u/s or blood draw will hopefully quell any fears. Keep us updated! Good luck!
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
AugustSylas
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am going to call my doctor office first thing in the morning and hopefully they can get me in that day. Still spotting a little bit, but it's stayed all brown so hopefully everything is still ok. Hoping for an ultrasound to ease my mind.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
CurlyGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brown spotting is usually less alarming than red. It could be a subchorionic bleed. Definitely call your OB tomorrow and see about getting in. They should be able to do a transvaginal ultrasound and see a heartbeat. Once you have a heartbeat your chances of miscarriage go down significantly. It is so scary to see spotting! Hang in there, Mama. And let us know what they say tomorrow!!
Mama to Dilly (2007) , Lainey (2012) and expecting #3 (12/2014)
CurlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please let us know. We will be thinking of you!
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DDC...I spotted extensively during the first trimester of both of my pregnancies. With DS (born Dec 2012), it was like day 3 of AF for at least a week. The doc could never pinpoint an exact reason why I was bleeding. A heartbeat can be detected on a transvaginal u/s as early as 6 weeks (I know from experience). Give yourself peace of mind and get to your OB ASAP. It may be nothing, but seeing that heartbeat does wonders for your hopes. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #8
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

I've been spotting since the day of my missed period (a week ago). Many moms from my firstDDC said they had the same thing and all was fine, and my POAS lines are getting darker so I'm not worried but need to make my first appointment anyway. Good luck!

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
AugustSylas
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was able to talk to a nurse at the office who then talked to my doctor. They aren't too concerned with what I told them and think that I should wait until Friday for my normal appt and then they will address the issues. They reassured me that it's normal and that even though I didn't experience the spotting in my first pregnancy that every pregnancy is different. I feel better after talking with her. So, I will just wait until Friday. The spotting has almost stopped completely and I am not as worried about. Fingers crossed to hear a strong heartbeat on Friday and hopefully get scheduled for an ultrasound.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

brown can be ok, but mucus like a plug is worrisome. that would have me believe its the cervix opening. some people have spotting with no issues. some, like me, means I am miscarrying.
if you feel lessoned symptoms, tests are lighter and have any cramping... or cervix is short and opened: its most likely an impending miscarriage. sometimes the body doesnt make enough progesterone to sustain the baby either.
however, the reason for some people having spotting w out a loss: sex and sensitive cervix or vagina, placenta growing and therefore causes slight bleeding from uterus, hormones, subchorionic hemorrhage.

Hoping you get in shortly, the appt goes well and the heart beat and loud and strong