Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #11
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have problems with Charlie's soap?

It sure does now a days.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
TJgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use it and love it and you use so little (1/2 a scoop per load works for diapers and all our regular clothes too) that it lasts forever.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #13
jcreedon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest son NEVER had a diaper rash until we switched to Charlie's soap (we used the liquid) I bought 2 gallons because I heard such great things about it. His diaper rash was so bad that he got horrible blisters and we had to switch to disposables and back to Tide in order to get rid of it! So, I have 1 2/3 gallons of the stuff and can't (and don't dare) to use it again.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #14
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

from what i have heard MOST of the rashes and sensitivities to Charlies have been with people who use the liquid, and most say they dont double rinse.

at our home we LOVE LVOE LOVE Charlies, for EVERYTHING. all of our laundry, towels, linens, clothing, diapers, everything gets washed in Charlies. its the ONLY thing we have found that doesnt hurt my and DD eczema.
we use the powder.
did i mention we LOVE Charlies?
our diaper wash routine is:
*turn up water heater as hot as it goes*
one COLD cycle to rinse all pee and any leftover poos off the diapers
one HOT wash cycle with 1tbsp (one green scoop) of Charlies
one HOT wash cycle with nothing added to double rinse.
everything comes out semlling, CLEAN and fresh, like.... clean. it doesnt smell like ANYTHING, no chemical smell, no flowers, no perfumes, nothing, just clean fresh clothing and diapers.
we have NEVER had to strip diapers we wash in Charlies. EVER. it strips everytime it washes.

i also use it for other things, like in my carpet shampooer, and in an old, washed out, dish soap bottle. i put 1/4 cup charlies powder and fill the rest to the top with hot water, shake it a few times and its disolved, THAT i use on just about everything, from handwashing my dishes, to spraying a bit into my dishwasher with my powdered detergent to boost its effectiveness, to washing my kitchen rags (then sunning them to kill germies) and even loosening any grease that may get on the stove. i LOVE Charlies.
did i mention the love? lol.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #15
fargomom27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just started using the Charlie's powder at our house, and we (I) LOVE it! We have a front loader and had a hard time getting down a washing routine. Now that we're using Charlie's, we're down to a two-step washing process. With our liquid Allen's, it always took 3 steps and even then the dipes didn't always smell as fresh as I wanted them to.

I won't try anything else for my dipes. It just plain works! My dipes now smell SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
lilybug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've only been using Charlies for about a month now. No problems and clothes have been coming out clean
lilybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my Lord. My 3 LIL ones got Horrible rashes/ BURNS from the soap. I'll make this short and sweet. I did contact the maker of Charlies Soap ( Charlie) He stated he did not make his product to be USED to wash CLOTH diapers. Even though it clearly states on the bag that it works great on diapers The CD'ing website I purchased it from no longer sells it as they were not pleased with his response. My kids had to go to the Doctor and take antibiotics to clear up their burns. They still have scars from this.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #18
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
from what i have heard MOST of the rashes and sensitivities to Charlies have been with people who use the liquid, and most say they dont double rinse.

at our home we LOVE LVOE LOVE Charlies, for EVERYTHING. all of our laundry, towels, linens, clothing, diapers, everything gets washed in Charlies. its the ONLY thing we have found that doesnt hurt my and DD eczema.
we use the powder.
did i mention we LOVE Charlies?
our diaper wash routine is:
*turn up water heater as hot as it goes*
one COLD cycle to rinse all pee and any leftover poos off the diapers
one HOT wash cycle with 1tbsp (one green scoop) of Charlies
one HOT wash cycle with nothing added to double rinse.
everything comes out semlling, CLEAN and fresh, like.... clean. it doesnt smell like ANYTHING, no chemical smell, no flowers, no perfumes, nothing, just clean fresh clothing and diapers.
we have NEVER had to strip diapers we wash in Charlies. EVER. it strips everytime it washes.

i also use it for other things, like in my carpet shampooer, and in an old, washed out, dish soap bottle. i put 1/4 cup charlies powder and fill the rest to the top with hot water, shake it a few times and its disolved, THAT i use on just about everything, from handwashing my dishes, to spraying a bit into my dishwasher with my powdered detergent to boost its effectiveness, to washing my kitchen rags (then sunning them to kill germies) and even loosening any grease that may get on the stove. i LOVE Charlies.
did i mention the love? lol.

we got wicked rashes from it....swollen boy bits and all....and used the powder and ALWAYS do a hot wash w/NO detergent afterwards. everyone i know that ended up with rashes from it used the powder. i've even recieved a diaper from FSOT that was washed in it and thought i had stripped it well enough and sure as anything he busted out in the swollen rash again. i ended up stripping it for 2 days before he could wear it. so i don't think it's only from the liquid. there's just some things that a lot of kids are sensitive too. it's nothing against the manufacturer.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #19
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had problems with it.

It did get the diapers clean, but DD got a bad rash.

We use planet now. It works fine and no rashes.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
We used the powder and double rinsed and we STILL had a terrible rash. We switched to Planet and she was fine.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote